bond opening

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jp575

bond opening

Post by jp575 »

hi, im new to this forum and a beginner at filmmaking. i have bought vegas 6 and am wondering how to do the opening scene with the gun barrel and the white dots that is in james bond. I have photoplus 6 freeware but i dont have photoshop only vegas 6. Is there a way to do this?

thanks
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: bond opening

Post by ctbullet »

this has been brought up very recently, have a look around
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
q1tv3

RE: bond opening

Post by q1tv3 »

ok first you get black as the background. i use final cut so im not to sure how to do it in vegas. Then you get or make a white circle. Put the circle at the left side of the screen. Look for a control called one of the following: Control, Motion, or Image Centre. Once in that control play around with your options to find out how to move the circle. once this is found out move the circle back to the edge of the screen. In the option that allowed you to move the circle place a key frame (look it up in user manual) at the begining of the scene. then move the circle 1/4 of the way and place another circle overtop of it. Repeat untill finished. Then for the barrel, Create a white circle on the black background. Then apply a color corector to the black background and mess around with it untill desired effect. For the person use a green screen because a white wall will turn slightly magenta for some reason i cant explain. You can just buy a bright green picnic table cloth for like $3.00. Then put person on layer above white circle. Find the chroma keyer effect. Apply chroma keyer to greenscreened person.

Not sure how i did the blood in my movie (forgot)

Sorry i suck at explaining stuff.
All we are saaaying.....is give peace a chance!
The Beatles ROCK! Yeah, yeah, yeah.
ya, I use a Mac
jp575

Post by jp575 »

cool. Thanks for the fast replys, it was a lot of help
jp575

Post by jp575 »

If i already have the footage of the bond clip, how in vegas to i delete bond and insert someone else?
thanks
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Masking, but you'll learn more and have more flexibility if you make the effect yourself..
jp575

Post by jp575 »

how do i apply a mask that follows the moving guy throughout the clip?
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Don't know Vegas but I'm assuming it supports animated masks... read q1tv3's post and try that stuff.