Rendering/Export Question

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

thewhitv

Rendering/Export Question

Post by thewhitv »

Hi, here's my problem:
When I do some gunshot effects on some footage in After Effects, render it as a DV file, then import it into a Premiere Pro project to put it in with the rest of my footage, I get some strange flicker/framerate problems when I export the whole combined video.
The combined video runs smoothly up until the parts I have rendered in After effects, where it seems as if the frame rate is lower, despite the fact that I have verified the frame rate is the standard 29.97 (in the final premiere project and what I exported from after effects). Once the after effects portion is done, is goes back to being smooth. This becomes even more noticable when I export to DVD.
Has anyone else had problems with this? I haven't done any de-interlacing at all, and I've never had this problem before...
theChad

RE: Rendering/Export Question

Post by theChad »

How are you exporting from after effects?
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
thewhitv

Post by thewhitv »

Rendering with Microsoft DV compression, 720x480, 29.97 fps, full resolution, best quality, etc. Most things set to current settings so I should be seeing what I get when I render.

Does it maybe have something to do with the field render thing? I've never messed with it before.
theChad

Post by theChad »

Maybe it is just because I'm on a mac, but whenever I render something out of AE I export it as an Animation. It is the highest quailty and generally what you see is what you get, even though it takes a month of sundays to render it. When I get home from work I'm going to open up After Effects and check my render settings to see if I help any other way than by babbling.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings