Using still images from DV film

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

hollykearn

Using still images from DV film

Post by hollykearn »

I have a DV film of an interview and i want to use some stills from it for a magasine. Is this possible? will the images be good enough quality for A4 size? I have been told the might not be but i thought that DV film woudl be just like using a digital camera. Can you help?
TommyPollock

Post by TommyPollock »

Its definitely possible. Just export it to a filmstrip and take one of the pictures. I don't know about the quality Im afraid though...
mark_essex_87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mark_essex_87 »

the only thing iv done like this is using Ulead Videostudio to take a pic of a frame which you select... it comes out ok quality as long as its not a fast moving shot :D
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

yes well it depends on the camera that you shot it with too. it would probably be decent quality because it is an interview. if you are using a camera like the XL-1S or the GL2 then they have the option to use frame mode which means it records video by taking 30 pictures per second so each frame turns out perfectly clear. but unless you were interviewing a spazming crazy person you should be alright no matter what kind of camera you used.
Peter Cote
Founder of Breakout Films

[img]http://i07.thefacebook.com/pics/3/0/n11400374_4237.jpg[/img]