Question for a Californian

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jackbauer24

Question for a Californian

Post by jackbauer24 »

For anyone who lives in California are firecrackers legal here? I was looking at the video Delta_echo made and he used a black cat firecracker to blow up the blood pack

So, if they are, does anyone know where i can get them, or a good website for ordering them? Thanks
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Question for a Californian

Post by DEDFX »

I'm pretty sure there illegal there, you can't get them ordered there via catalogue, website or anywhere. Go to another state near you that will have them.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

The only state I am aware that they are illegal in is Wyomming and that is only because lots of people here drive there to buy them around the 4th of July. There may be others.
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Any Firework that explodes or can launch into the air is illegal in the State of California
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

Well if I can I would get my parents to drive me to another state, but would rather not. So does anyone know how I can make something similar. I know all the stuff for gunpowder, but don't want to order it/make it or mess around with it.

So if there is any house hold items that would do something similar to a firecracker, if anyone knows about...
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

well........

!caution very dangerous!

Drano/tinfoil in a water bottle, seal it up, run

dry ice, little water in a bottle, seal it, run.

balloon with aeroscol can sprayed in it, tie, put fues on it, light , watch from safe distance,

firework fuel in a ping pong ball, cover with plaster and add a fuse
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

I think that if I did the areosal can thing with the ballon it would blow a hole in my actor's stomach, and set him on fire. All I want is for something to blow up a condom full of blood under his shirt. Just a tiny explosive (not like a balloon or ping pong ball with firework fluid).

But I was thinking I could go to Chinatown and they would probably have blackcats. They have everything there

But if they dont, i would need another idea
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

I think that if I did the areosal can thing with the ballon it would blow a hole in my actor's stomach, and set him on fire. All I want is for something to blow up a condom full of blood under his shirt. Just a tiny explosive (not like a balloon or ping pong ball with firework fluid).

But I was thinking I could go to Chinatown and they would probably have blackcats. They have everything there

But if they dont, i would need another idea
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Use fishing line with a washer inside the balloon/condom, this is how the squibs for Taxi Driver were done.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

Sorry for the Double Post. (the computer messed up) but thanks for the good idea NPMAX, but one question

What do you mean by "inside" it. do i put it in, tie it and rip it out?
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Thats what I mean. Use a washer or small fish hook it will break the baloon or condom aside from that. Use eggs for blood/bullet hits. I believe there is a thread in the other effects forum or I can post a link to a thred on another board that will give you instructions on how to do this.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I've heard of a similar method, only the washer was superglued to the surface of the balloon/condom, then pulled off, ripping the latex.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

NPMAX-

Yea, please do, that would help a lot

Thanks
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

http://www.b-independent.com/cgi-bin/Ya ... 1135946843

You may have to register before viewing this, I go by Nate Maxey over there, my friend Andy Copp who did the FX on the Manson Family details how to use eggs as squibs.
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I think they're legal just outside San Francisco in San Mateo and around that area. They always have firework booths there. Maybe legislations has changed, I haven't been around there in a while.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Fireworks are illegal to sell in most of California... as if that stops anybody...
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Yeah,
California is like the Canada of the US. I think they even have tougher gun laws than us (groan).
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

no. fireworks are legal in california. my question was firecrackers. fireworks are the ones that shoot up colors sparks and stuff like that. firecrackers explode.

And tallman house: the gun laws in california are not that strict. like you can have bbguns and things like that. the only thing is that in san francisco they are trying to make a hangun ban, but that wont pass. whatever
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I know you guys have replicas banned (the 8mm blank guns and such). Is airsoft legal there?
We can own BB guns too, but real guns are what I'm talking about. Here we can own handguns but the barrels have to be over 4 inches (groan) and you need to have an authorization to transport it to transport it.
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

yes airsoft is legal, and so are real bbguns. you have to be 18 to buy them but i think that is the same everywhere.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Our blank-firing weapons are legal, as long as they are not fully automatic. They cannot exceed a 10 round magazine either.
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Epsilon,
My mistake. I just see all the websites saying that they won't ship them to California.