Indie Film Tech Tips

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

scottspears

Indie Film Tech Tips

Post by scottspears »

Hello People,

When I have some spare time, the teacher in me comes out and I make some little video clips to help newbie filmmakers. I've done tutorials on: China lanterns, grip kit goodies, c-stands, lighting units and the latest is on white balance.

Also, I've written some artilces on filmmaking that are on the same web page, so check those out too.

http://www.scottspears.net/filmmakpg3.html

A little about me; I'm an Emmy Winning DP with 20 years experience with 19 features, tons of shorts, music videos and commerical. I'd do some teaching on the side at seminars, etc..., so that's why I do these clips. To keep teaching and sharing.

Enjoy.

Scott
Scott Spears
Emmy Winning DP
www.scottspears.net
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

that's some pretty groovy stuff man,
kinda reminds me of the 10 minute film school from robert rodriguez....
scottspears

Post by scottspears »

Vor,

I'm glad you found my tips helpful. I don't think I'm at Rodriguez's level, but I do what I can to help newbies from making beginner's mistakes.

Scott
Scott Spears
Emmy Winning DP
www.scottspears.net
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Scott I think I saw this when you posted it either on Sonnyboo or B-Indy, don't remember which, I thought it was a new tutorial.

-Nate Maxey
scottspears

Post by scottspears »

Hey Nate,

I posted it in both of the sites, to name a few. Just spreadin' the love around.

Scott
Scott Spears
Emmy Winning DP
www.scottspears.net
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Thanks Scott, this is very helpful stuff.
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Not to kiss a** or anything people, but Scott knows his stuff, has worked of feature stuff, and as his sig says has won an emmy. I've read several of his articles all around th web on other boards, and at Sonnyboo.com. If you want tips on filming and lighting, even cameras ( about 10 months ago he helped me with a few questions I had about purchases) that dude is the one to ask. Ross aka Sonnyboo knows his stuff too, pay attention to their tutorials.( even if some are basic)
scottspears

Post by scottspears »

Nate,

Thanks for the kinds words. I'm been on the road for the last week or so, so I didn't see your nice post.

I try to be helpful. Shucks.

Scott
Scott Spears
Emmy Winning DP
www.scottspears.net
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Not a problem I call it the way I see it, I been reading your articles for about two years I would guess. If no one else finds them informative just letting you know I do. (Mostly because I suck at lighting and cinematography.) When I direct I pretty much block the actors then hit record. ( I know a few people with distribution deals that do similar. But I'm learning)
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

I love your site. Very very useful.
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]