The Official Zombie Handbook

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I find that most peole are thrown off by the between the original Night of The Living Dead, and the 1990 re-make. Whenever I ask people if they have seen Night and they say yes, I say "don't you love the mood in those old black and white movies?", to which I always get the reply: "Dude, it was in colour." This is followed shortly thereafter with physical violence.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Yep it is like talking about the 2 Dawns. I like the 2005 one in its own right. As a remake it sucks compared to the original though. I like the concept of the faster and more violent zombie
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

In England though, the remake of night is less well known than the original, in my town the DVD is only available in one shop, whilst the original is available in 4 or 5.
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

pdj wrote: why the black zombie was the 'leader' of the pack?
Thoughts?
Wasnt it because he was the first infected?

*fantastic movie- are there any more in the series?*

As Grant says there are loads, but there have been like 5 remakes of each one. I just found out the guy who wrote Alien "Dan O'Brannon" Directed the Remake of "The return of the living dead". as "Tom Savini" remaked "Night of the living dead" But good old |Geogre does it best.

As for the zombie how to, i thought it was in Theroy good but in the real world rubbish. 28 later they all run fast, in Geogres moives zombies can talk "bob" and some clever.
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

yer that realy annoyed me how can a mass of corpses that eat innocent people then turn around and think hang on a minute this is a bit unfair we have slaughtered millions of them and then totaly unprovoked they come out of the blue and kill our freinds lets go and eat the few that escaped. And then to make it worse after they massacre everyone the hero fella tells them not to fire on the zombie hoard because there looking for a place to live OMG what a dissapointment

land of the dead was the worst zombie film i have ever seen, i was so dissapointed the remake of dawn of the dead i think is the best. Also im amazed you never see the zombies trying to have sex as he said that the zombies revert to doing things from their past lives so why not that,
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

Any director should bring there own interpretation you cant produce a hand book on how zombies should act it rather takes the fun out of it
Grant

Post by Grant »

I disagree Bulldog, i think the Romero circle of zombie nature has finally gone the full 360 and the zombie is finally seen as a victim and not a monster. In Brain Dead you see 2 zombies having sex
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

fair enough ive never seen brain dead but yer i dislike romeros interpretation but its still interesting to see them
inf3ct

Post by inf3ct »

ah yes Romero and Jackson. What about Fulci though? He has the best looking zombies ever and great zombie films. Zombie, City Of The Living Dead, The Beyond, House By The Cemetary.
[url]http://www.geocities.com/realcultfilm[/url]

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/inf3ct/banners/thrillercultbanner2.jpg[/img]
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

This is slightly off topic, but.....theoretically, couldn't you just sit in an underground bunker like in Day of the Dead and wait for the zombies to rot away? They are all dead bodies, and in the Romero series he shows that the zombies them selves are getting more and more deteriorated. In NIGHT they basically look like regular people, more pale perhaps. In DAY they look like monsters, holes have rotted through them, chunks of flesh are even falling off. So, truly, in a year or so time the zombies would be gone altogether or so badly deteriorated theyre just squirming piles on the ground. This is only true provided that there is NOT a large population of people that are still continuously dieing and making more zombies. You could just kind of wait it out. (Is it just me, or am i thinking waaaaay to hard/logically about this? lol)
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick