WWII and Zombies?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

WWII and Zombies?

Post by Kentertainment »

May I ask a simple question to why ever single movie idea (which I never see a finished product) on this forum nowdays is a World War II movie or a Zombie movie, is it a crime to please ask somebody to do something outside this genre?
sonnyboo

RE: WWII and Zombies?

Post by sonnyboo »

I made a WWII Zombie movie, and I'm almost finished... (1 more week of an online edit)

www.horrorsofwarmovie.com

I felt fusing the 2 genre's had never been done before, so I went ahead and actually did it.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: WWII and Zombies?

Post by Kentertainment »

Yeah, you started doing this production in when? 2003? I'm just kinda getting disappointed in the fact that this genre is all that is being done like right now, this moment, I come on here to see somebody's new movie or movie idea and it's WWII or Zombie or a fanfilm. Bytheyway Sonnyboo you're movie looks great and I'm not just saying that to be a suck-up, it really does look good.
sonnyboo

Re: RE: WWII and Zombies?

Post by sonnyboo »

Kentertainment wrote:Yeah, you started doing this production in when? 2003?

Yeah, we started in 2003. Raising money and making a real movie on film is not an overnight, quickie job.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: WWII and Zombies?

Post by Gyro »

The movie I'm currently working on isn't WWII or Zombie related.

But, I agree "BOOO!! On zombie movies!"

Although, I do like to help those who're making WWII films, not to mention watch the lot of them.
@seanbagley
the_satanic_COokie

Post by the_satanic_COokie »

hmm well I'm working on a zombie movie...for a few reasons...

one is that I grew up with zombies and its all I've ever wanted to make, I can't remember a time in childhood where me and my friends werent on the roof with BB guns fighting off zombies

and another reason is that no one has really made the zombie movie that I want to see yet...sooI guess it could be said that I want to make a movie that I want to see...thats a bit selfish isn't it?

other than that, it's a good solid premise for the type of filming I'm doing. Our little show is a Dark comedy about texas 20 somethigns surviving during a zombie apocalypse. It's not really a movie it'll be like something you d/l a 10 minute episode of every two weeks or so. And really its just something fun to pass the time, practice my gore/special effects and let my actor friends do something between shitty jobs.

I know what oyu mean about everyone doing ww2 or zombie movies though. It is a bit annoying....but at the same time I'm doing a zombie picture so I can't complain.
Grant

Post by Grant »

we all do what we wish to shoot and enjoy. Be at peace brothers :)
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

we all do what we wish to shoot and enjoy. Be at peace brothers
Agreed. Maybe we're all just sick of it? I dunno. For one, I'm not doing a zombie movie though because our film is still stuck at the editing stage, I'm not gonna post it yet. Haha in fact I shot my new $3,000 laptop with a p99 (Accidentally) so now its in repair and I have to pay $1,200 to fix it. Sighs. Wait I'm going off topic.

The point I'm trying to say is: Its probably just a phase. Next time... Who knows? Maybe it'll be the Gulf War and robots.
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
the_satanic_COokie

Post by the_satanic_COokie »

yeah and I mean I'll be the first to admit the Zombie Genre is really relaly getting hit hard lately, and I dont know why that is...but I'm not gonna let it stop me, hahaha I've been sitting on the script since I was a freshman in highschool and I really wanna get this done.
NPMAX

Re: WWII and Zombies?

Post by NPMAX »

Kentertainment wrote:May I ask a simple question to why ever single movie idea (which I never see a finished product) on this forum nowdays is a World War II movie or a Zombie movie, is it a crime to please ask somebody to do something outside this genre?
I haven't ever made a WW2 movie, I did a zombie short while in college. Currently I am collaborating with 2 low budget directors on a spaghetti western. As for other projects (aside from commercials or music videos) I have written or directed well you have seen some of the backlash I have gottn for mentioning them here.
XhuntedoverlordX

RE: Re: WWII and Zombies?

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

I started writing a ww2/werewolf kinda movie, then I read about Horrors of War, and scrapped it because I realized I accidently copied Sonnyboo. Sorry about that. So now i'm trying to write something a little more on the lines of an action movie with a super weird twist. I agree though, I would like to see something more than zombie or ww2 movies.
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Honestly guys I'm about tired of seeing 15 year olds running around with airsofts, making the backyard war epic. Theres lots of ideas out there, I challenge you all to try something different.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

And I challenge you to actually make a movie.
@seanbagley
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

I have made movies, I have one adult film that was distributed, also have a music video that aired on BET after dark. I write more than I film but 2 however 2 of my script I am in production talks with low budgets companies. Now if you read my previous post, that tells you what I am currently working on. If you wish to see some of my other work pm or im me.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

If you're making music videos for BET, what're you doing on an amatuer filmmaking forum?
@seanbagley
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

I said one video I shot aired once. I was paid by an artist, BET does not and never has employed me.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Nonetheless, I say let everyone make whatever they want, no matter the crappiness of their WWII or Zombie films.
@seanbagley
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Thats fine man, I was just agreeing with your buddy was all albeit, my post was a little harsh.
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

i'm agreeing with gyro on this one i think eveyone is bitching about ww2 and zombie flicks, i dont have a problems with either, if anyone has enough skill to make a movie whatever genre it should be made and posted, now lets please stop bitching about it
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

most of the people on here are fellas and like gun fights and war films and fighting so naturaly if you were interested in film youd make films in the area your interested in but im surprised anyone who posts an idea on here actually makes it given how negative alot of you are without noing jack didley squat apart from a short summary of what its about
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

honestly, we need more pirate and ninja movies....
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

yer i agree about the ninja part thatll be the next project me tinks
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Undertsand I never said anything negative about gunfights in movies. I write plenty of feature length scripts that contain gun battles, not a big deal. s*** I was just saying theres more than one genre out there.
Scott_Talbot

Post by Scott_Talbot »

pirate and ninja movies?? well slap my chickens, i just made movies on those very subjects. they're titled: Pirates!!:The Motion Picture and Ninjas!!:The Motion Picture. soon to follow is Vikings!!:The Motion Picture. Then i'm put those all together in a boxed directors cut package. :)

i like war movies. who doesnt? besides, its easier to get a bunhc of extras for a war movie than for a drama.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Re: WWII and Zombies?

Post by Kentertainment »

ct_bullet wrote:i'm agreeing with gyro on this one i think eveyone is bitching about ww2 and zombie flicks, i dont have a problems with either, if anyone has enough skill to make a movie whatever genre it should be made and posted, now lets please stop bitching about it
See that is the thing, I hear all these ideas about zombie movies or WWII movies and I seldom see a finished product, even if people finish them they get too lazy to put them online, if you're going to tell people about your movie you might as well put it online.