ADR - video film tip

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

sonnyboo

ADR - video film tip

Post by sonnyboo »

INDIE FILM TIP - A.D.R.

www.horrorsofwarmovie.com/adr.php

a 3 minute video on how ADR can help make your low budget movie a lot better, and how it saved our movie.

There will be a series of over 20 web documentaries and "how to's" from the site over the next few months, updated weekly.

wWw.sOnNybOo.cOm
SpyroClone

RE: ADR - video film tip

Post by SpyroClone »

well, it was interesting and informative, and it also showed how much work and money you put into your movie. Now, since I'm sure that most of us don't have the kind of equioment that you do, it might be helpful to have a mini documentary about how to do this kind of stuff with very low budgets, like between $500 and $1000
"If you don't know what you're doing you can still make it look good."
~Peter Jackson
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Jesus lol. There is no possible way you are an amatur film maker lol. How long have you been doin this stuff? You should go to MGM or somthing with this lol. Anyway, i agree with Spyro Clone. It's all and well if you have the equipment, but we need a lower budget way to do that lol
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

The equipment is misleading. If you have a microphone & a 13" TV, you can do the same thing.

I was making DV shorts till 1 year ago, same as everybody else.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Is that Avid that i heard you use? pretty nice. Looks pretty darn professional. I suppose as long as you have a microphone and a tv monitor, you can sort of achieve the basic aim, but not as good quality.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

I was an Adobe Premiere user up uintil 1 day prior to Principal Photography on this film. We needed to make sure we could conform back to the film print. Adode Premiere Pro doesn't even have any 3rd party plug ins for film editing. I was disappointed because I love Adobe and I think Avid is just okay. We're doing the online edit with Avid Nitris and that's pretty freakin' sweet though...
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Yeah Avid is nice. Used it only once before. We were competiting for one at this festival once. Pity some other guy won it though. Damn. :)
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to edit these web docs. It's wierd to bounce back & forth between Adobe Premiere 6.5, Premiere Pro 1.5, and Avid Xpress Pro to get footage from the film for the web docs. All NLE's are similar in nature.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

loving the tips, you've already taught me a lot, i never really considered the L-cuts until i watched one of your web docs, thanks a lot, can't wait for more
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com