Scene Test - Please Download!!!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrew_107

Scene Test - Please Download!!!

Post by andrew_107 »

Hello,
Here is a test we did, just filming a scene from a movie that doesnt and won't exist, just a bit of practice.

The clip is around 40 seconds and the file is around 4 mb.

I uploaded it to both Rapidshare and Putfile..so choose whatever one works for you.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8079044/scene_test.wmv.html

http://media.putfile.com/Scene_Test

(Sorry about the interlace lines...damn premiere pro)

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Andrew
Bugalicious

RE: Scene Test - Please Download!!!

Post by Bugalicious »

hey. i really liked this clip. the dialoge was nice and clear and the editing was perfect. too bad there wont be anymore..
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Scene Test - Please Download!!!

Post by Clarence »

That was very good. The cuts between the close ups and wide angles matched perfectly. The acting was great, too. I noticed there was no background noise, are you using a microphone?
andrew_107

Post by andrew_107 »

Clarence wrote:That was very good. The cuts between the close ups and wide angles matched perfectly. The acting was great, too. I noticed there was no background noise, are you using a microphone?
The microphone that we used was a shotgun mic that I just recently bought off ebay, the model is the Audio Technica 4073a. We just boom it over the actor with a mic stand.

Thanks Bugalicious...yeah we are just doing little practice tests, so in there near future we will be doing an actual short film, not just these little effect tests and scene tests.

Thanks for the comments :)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Did you color correct? The picture looked very nice. Or are you using a particular camera model up in the XL1 range?
andrew_107

Post by andrew_107 »

Actually I didn't colour correct but usually I probably would have. I use a Sony PD170 and only now have I really got a grip on how to use all the camera's maunal functions, so that comment means alot...thanks.
SpyroClone

Post by SpyroClone »

I thought it was very good, good sound, and good camera work. I personally would have added a dial-tone sound at the end, but that's just me, it worked fine without.
"If you don't know what you're doing you can still make it look good."
~Peter Jackson
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Hey the Sony PD 170 is an awesome prosumer camera. Nearly as good as Canon's XL2 if I might say so. Anyway, nice test. Wierd though. Our camera (Also a PD170), doesn't have the interlace lines yours does. Anyway, the PD170 is pretty expensive man: At least 3,000 - 4,000 but we get awesome images - Looks nearly like film if I might say so:

Here are some stills of our recent movie we shot with the PD170. Alot of people tell me the XL2 is better but I'm content with the Sony haha. We used to use crappy handcams before and its a very welcome change to use a prosumer.

Whoops I think i posted excessively haha. Oh well. Couldnt resist showing of the new camera :D
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Nice buck lol. That was great man. Nice color, and sound to boot. I wish i could afford a camera like that lol (seeing as my budget is like 2 dollars lol). Anyway, i really liked it. It would sound like a great movie idea had you been producing it.
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
FabianJansen

Post by FabianJansen »

Oooh, very nice scene! Cutting is excellent!
"These are the voyages..."
thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

Very nice, you felt the tension from both the camera and the actor, I think it looks good when you also talk with the camera, not just the actor. I was thinking the same thing with the colour, it looked great! I didn't jump when you cut, it was very very smooth. The wide angle was also very nice, too.

Looks like it will be beautiful when you shoot the whole thing...I am looking forward to it.
"Holy Freaking' Fat Mother of Jehoshephat"
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Everyone elses commenets have summed up my opinion. Very good, great cuts, good sound and good acting. The clip was very fluent and the action always went on. Keep it up mate.
andrew_107

Post by andrew_107 »

Thanks alot everyone.

I think I might elaborate on this scene and make it into a short film after all.

buck_suck I like you images alot...pm me what settings you use for your PD170, or any tips, that would be appreciated.
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Haha sure. What you wanna know? The stills of the movie above are from our next short 'Blinded'. We made a 30 min version and a 15 min version - Of totally different context although the main basis of a SWAT team engagement remain the same. I'll post when its done (Currently post-production and editing). Anyway, lemme know what you wanna find out about the PD170. PM/E-mail. THanks.
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]