Editing Software

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

krispytreat2120

Editing Software

Post by krispytreat2120 »

I am having trouble finding a good software or program to edit my videos with. If anyone can tell me what the best ones would be, that would be great. Thanks. By the way, if anyone could tell also where I could get or dowload the editing program, it would be extremely helpfull. Thanks for all of your help guys and if you can help me find a new program, I will be sure to thank you on my vidoes!
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Editing Software

Post by UFProductions »

I will asume you've done some looking, so you will have tried Windows Movie Maker 2, that is for all essential purposes the only free video editiong program. You can find some others, but they are never satisfactory. I would recomend laying down the cash for a simple editor. Under $100 will get you either Pinnacle Studio 10 or Adobe Premiere Elements, both exceptional low-end programs. Avoid anything that has ever been touched by Roxio. It is said that it will literally consume your very soul.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

i dont no anything about editing software either but looking on here adobe premiere came up as the most recomended so i brought it on ebay for about 12 pounds i dont no if that was wise because it costs about a hundred pounds on other websites so it may be fake but i dont no
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Its most probably a fake. Its at least $1,000 - $1,500 US Dollars. But hey, if it works, nobody's gonna ask any questions when they see the final product =P

Adobe Premiere forever! ^_^
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

You can get Ulead Video Studio for about $80-$100, its simple and easy to use, it also yields decent looking results. Instead of messing with premeire on a 2 videos I shot I used Ulead, the customers couldn't tell the difference. You can alo get Sony Vegas Video for under $100. I know a few guys that have had features distributed using Vegas.
Supertrunks65

Post by Supertrunks65 »

I go with pinnacle 9 plus. It works and its not an outrageous ammount. you just have to unlock a lot of the featrures
BlakJakDavy

Post by BlakJakDavy »

Its most probably a fake. Its at least $1,000 - $1,500 US Dollars. But hey, if it works, nobody's gonna ask any questions when they see the final product =P
There's also the possibility that it is a really old edition...It isn't easy to pirate the new 1.5 version. Also, 1.5 is $600 US, not 1,000...
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

you can get student discounts i just bought Adboe Premiere Pro and Magic Bullet Plugin for 400$ and its real, but i can get student discounts from i think www.academicsuperstore.com/
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Hi, I also am looking for an answer to an issue that in reality is very straight forward (?)

I am looking for an editing program that will allow me to work with blue/green screen.

I have been using Windows Movie Maker and whilst I love the fact that it is very easy to use it is very limiting. I am currently expanding my intrest in mini movies and my job allows me to capture otherwise nightmare footage with ease. (ever hung below a helicopter 30 feet above a jungle, day and night as it scoots around at 30 knots?) so the potential is staggering! if I can only find a damn good blue or green screen programe!!

money is not to much of an issue if its a damn good one thats easy to get to grips with and if I can paint on individual cells, ala 'Lightsaber' style then even better.

any suggestions?
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Lots of editing programs have chroma keying: Final Cut Express, Adobe Premiere, Vegas, etc. but you'll sacrifice the ease-of-use part. You could always get a seperate software for greenscreening. I'm not advertising or anything, but if you go to httP://www.fxhome.com they make software for "Lightsabers" and greenscreening :)
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Well for editing try Adobe Primere, 6.0 and up is good. Or go for simiplicity with Premiere Elements. They both allow you to do blue/green screen.

Also if you want to do lightsabers and stuff. Then get Adobe AfterEffects, I have 6.5 Pro and that's $1,000 last time I checked. (But my friend's dad is an airliner pilot and when he goes down to South America, they're selling it there for $10).
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

for lightsabers get LSmaker (google the name) its really great i did a short SW fan film on it
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Many thanks for the help, fingers crossed IO shall be putting in a short trailer for our latest thoughts.
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I'm pretty excited... Premiere Pro 2.0 is out. I think it's worth a good look at, has a bunch of new features that should make life a lot easier. I'm looking forward to getting it!
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

im not gonna use up money to get 2.0 the features i really don't need... it'd be cool but im more interested in my movie
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Trochaic

Post by Trochaic »

Vegas 5.0. Easy learning curve, precise cuts, many great effects, enough said.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Zacatac927 wrote:im not gonna use up money to get 2.0 the features i really don't need... it'd be cool but im more interested in my movie
It has 3 additions I've been wanting for a while!

Vegas and Premiere Pro can do the same things, except I Premiere just has a more "professional" feel if you catch my drift. But as for function and interfacing, there's really little difference.