Bluescreen or Greenscreen

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Raven

Bluescreen or Greenscreen

Post by Raven »

Well, I've decided to make a blue or green screen in my basement.

What should I use? Blue or green? I think I'd rather do blue, BUT, thought of something while looking at another thread here. People can't wear any blue jeans.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Yeah Green is somtimes easier to manage. How about have 2 (blue & green) depending on the shot?
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I think Green's the best for home movies... And blue clothes are more common than green!

Plus, there's less obvious colour bleeding with green when using older cameras.
padawanNick

Post by padawanNick »

If you're planning on having people in jeans, definitely go with the green. Blue has been working great for me, but I had good control over the costumes and made sure there was never any blue.

You can see the screen I'm using and how it was built in this tutorial. The party shop near me just had a big 50% off sale, so I went out and bought a roll of Green and an additional roll of Blue for $13 just to have handy. I might switch the screen over to green to do some new things.

Have fun!
Raven

Post by Raven »

Yeah.. I was going to use your tutorial for ideas on how to make it :)

- I'm not PLANNING on having people in jeans, I'm just not sure if I would want that or not.

- I'm not using an older camera.

- I can't really have two, because I want it to be pretty big (so I can do the shots with the camera moving, and the ones where all of the person - feet to head - is included).

Knowing that, should I use blue or green? They seem to use blue in most of the major movies.. most of the time...