no video in right hand screen? Please help

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jordancorey

no video in right hand screen? Please help

Post by jordancorey »

Hi,
This might be a real stupid question, but I am new to adobe premiere pro 1.5 and when I place a film clip in the timeline, I can't view it in the right hand screen, only in the left. I can hear the soundtrack but there is no video. What do I need to do to see it? I have probably just click something and don't know what I have done.

Cheers
Jordancorey
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: no video in right hand screen? Please help

Post by DEDFX »

I think you have to press your enter button, then wait for it to render, but I'm 90% sure 1.5 doesn't need to render, useless post but try it.
jordancorey

Post by jordancorey »

Hi, I don't know what has happened now but I don't even have any video in any window? Still only the sound playing on the right hand side. I know it can't be any thing seriuos, PLEASE help........

Cheers
Jordancorey
jordancorey

Post by jordancorey »

I now have video in the left hand window, but I still don't have any video in the right hand window. I have ' teach yourself adobe premiere pro in 24 hours' but I can't find anything in there yet about it. Someone, somewhere MUST know how I can solve this problem. PLease, please help
Thanks DEDFX for your advice but this did not solve the problem.

Cheers
Jordancorey
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

This is an incredibly rare problem. I could understand someone not seeing video in the left monitor, but the right? As long as there is active content in the timeline, there SHOULD be something there...This is a stumper, because it doesn't make any sense. Does it give you the same result time after time of opening the program?
gaffer

Post by gaffer »

this might sound stupid. but i had the same sort of problem with different software and it was because i had cap lock on. when i turned it off the picture came back. cant remember what software it was though
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

You might want to just try rendering a small clip into a file and see if the pic shows up then.