Richard The Movie

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Richard The Movie

Post by ipon70 »

I just wanted to let you guys all know that our new re-release of Richard The Movie is about done. We will be having final edit this weekend.

Richard The Movie is a Jackass, Viva La Bam style movie. This will NOT be available for full download but we will have snippets up. This was originally filmed in 2000/2001 and we have re-edited it and cleaned up audio and video for its re-release. This is a Rated R movie and not for children.

I am posting here so people that are interested in purchasing the dvd can email me prior to the release. We ran into some keep-up or dvd production issues with City Ransom because of how many were being ordered. So if you would like a dvd please send me an email now so I can estimate, or else you can wait and purchase it from our site but delivery might be a little slow.

Make that purchase and help me recoup some money from the hospital visit. :?

Thanks
sales@nova-productions.com
www.nova-productions.com
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
ChemicalShamanII

Post by ChemicalShamanII »

Maybe some short preview clips or something along those lines would be helpful. Otherwise people are essentially buying a mystery DVD.

Can you post a teaser or something up? I'd be keen to see what this movie is all about.

CS
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Finally got a trailer for the movie up.

Please check it out on our site on the movie page, or you can use this link.

Richard The Movie Trailer
Last edited by ipon70 on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Ok, here is a little snippet from the movie, its almost ready to be re-released on DVD. I am not taking anymore pre-orders because I am having a hard time locating a new DVD duplication place for the movies. So what I have is what will be shipped for now.

Check it out here Richard the Movie Promo Clip
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

aaaaaaaaa, i wanted to see him fall off!!
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

No kidding, I wanted to see the fall. Not going to pay for it though.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

BTW: That him is me... :(
Its worth the money we will be charging, but as I stated before, I am having a supply problem right now. I have actually had to delay the release of it, because of that. But just so you know, its going to be on our site at $5.00 plus shipping, so a pretty good deal.

Anyway uploaded another for you guys to enjoy, I am going to put up a total of 4 or 5 clips from the movie to give people a good idea of what to expect.

This one is pretty funny.
Richard The Movie Clip 2
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

iCEbLuEORbitZ

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

it looks funny, but i don't think anybody will pay for it. its like a cheap cky. usually when people sell the movies, its first of all a movie, and also one that required much effort and time and money in the setup, the equipment, the editing, etc. they sell it to pay back for all the microphones they bought, camera rigs they built, lighting setups and watnot. this is something i would enjoy watching online, but not pay for.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Funny you mention CKY, because at their infancy stage is when a lot of this was done. Only its not setup like CKY was, we don't throw a dummy off a bridge and hit a truck passing, have the guy get out screaming at us, and then later you see the same truck sitting in our driveway.

BTW people do pay for it, in fact more people then we thought paid for it on the second go around then on the first, and now we actually have a short fall of disks. I got rid of the last disk guy, he kept raising his prices and getting longer and longer to get orders done, so I said goodbye. Which BTW, any of you that have ordered the City Ransom DVD in the last few months, I apologize for how long it took you to get your disks.

I don't know what you consider "a lot" so I guess that word is subjective, but when we make a movie if we can get 50 sold right off the bat, then trickle them out over the months, we have done ok in our mind.

Anyway thanks for the comments and there will be more clips posted shortly.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

You didn't show him falling in the water... :(
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

ipon70 wrote:Only its not setup like CKY was, we don't throw a dummy off a bridge and hit a truck passing, have the guy get out screaming at us, and then later you see the same truck sitting in our driveway.
That didn't happen in CKY. I certainly don't remember the guy screaming anyway.

The trailer looked like CKY but not so good. And even CKY's far too tame in a world of Dirty Sanchez (or Team Sanchez, wherever you are in the world). Although I do believe it was the way the trailer was edited. People hitting themselves with trays, and then cutting to a shot of a guy stairing at a camera and doing sod all. I might as well do that in my mirror.

Although I am impressed that you're doing well out of it!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Yeah its in their 2nd one I think, can't remember exactly haven't seen it in awhile. Anyway they are on a bridge on the left, the red truck drives under towards the right, they throw some stuff over, and they guy slams the breaks, gets out yelling, they run off...ends... You can't really hear him because he to far off but you can see whats happening.

Anyway I will post more up later for you guys to enjoy, we had a hell of a lot of fun making it, other then the garbage can down the hill part, that ended very very poorly.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

iCEbLuEORbitZ

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

yea congradulations on selling a bunch. i would sure like to see the dude roll down the hill tho for free. looks hilarios.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

So here is the deal.
Did a couple of test runs on that hill with another garbage can and it went pretty smooth, tumbled over a little but not that bad. We figured that if he would lay it down, top side facing up the hill it would stay pretty close to that form down the hill, because my butt would be at the bottom of the can, or close to it.
Well as you see in the part we have up, he didn't exactly get it off on a straight start, and obviously I weight too much for him to hold on to straighten it out, so he lets go.
Honestly don't remember where exactly on the hill I took the worst shot, but I would have to say it’s about 30% of the way down, because I was knocked out, and landed in the water.

Here is the part you don't see: Another thing we didn't think of was, an empty can pretty much floats, and can with a 170 lbs guy in it wants to sink, so I guess it started taking on water, through the wheel holes.
They go running down the hill, and mind you it’s this sharp rock and loose as heck where they had to go down.
Well my nephew (the guy that dropped me over the edge) dives into the water and gets the can back to the edge, and I guess we was talking to me asking me if I was ok, with no response, you can't hear it on camera.
Then he realizes he had forgot the box knife at the top of the hill and cant get the ropes loose.
So now he is panicking and I don't know how but gets the lid loose, and sea’s all the blood and says, cut cut the tape. Now I wish they would have filmed more, but with me not moving and totally unconscious they did the right thing.
Anyway DONT TRY THIS AT HOME.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Got to give you props for almost killing yourself on camera. I got to ask though were there any outside factors in getting you to do this? ( Were you all high or drunk) That be about the only way I'd try some s*** like that.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

No unfortunately it just seemed like it would work, but mostly it was I was egged on by the other guys. Yes very very very stupid in hind site.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

Passit

Post by Passit »

I'm not saying you didn't do it - but from what we saw it could have been a bit of camera trickery.

We see the guy secured in the bin and then the camera looks over the slope - you could have had another bin just off camera and switched it.
'Pain is temporary, film is forever'
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

I thought that myself but given shows like CKY, Jackass, Dirty Sanchez etc, I'll give this guy the benefit of doing something potentially life ending on camera.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Yeah according to my hospital stay, shoulder, knee surgery, broken hand, busted open head. I myself will go with no.

Yeah I wish myself he would have followed him all the way around, but he didn't, but that is also why I told them not to do any cuts on the take, so that people wouldn't think that. But hey... it’s all in the past, one I need not repeat. Oh and dig this, on camera at the end of the video about a year later we went back in the winter, and filmed a little thing about how bad it was and my stupid nephew pushes me off this little ledge we were standing on, OMFG..I almost froze; I was hyperventilating, and freaking out.. I could not believe he had done that.
I will try and get some of the other stuff up for you guys to enjoy, maybe a little more then I intended :wink:
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

ipon70 wrote:Yeah according to my hospital stay, shoulder, knee surgery, broken hand, busted open head.
Exaguration or is there proof somewhere?

I quite like this kinda stuff, but I don't see anyone pushing any bounderies whilst keeping it non-gross (I don't wanna see the nails going through the genitals Dirty Sanchez style, or the lame "I'm gonna canoe in a public fountain!" Jackass stuff)

After all, Bam and co have done the barrel down the cliff in the Viva La Bam pilot. Grand Canyon would be the next step! (not really, but you get the idea)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

My thought is you hear reports of people copying all those kind of stunts on the news all the time, so really I don't doubt Richard here.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Ornsack wrote: Exaguration or is there proof somewhere?
Not really more then medical records and some scares which you can actually see in some photo's on the site.
Other then that, I really wouldn't post, not for any one reason, but I just wont post copies of my medical records.
This whole thing was just a stunt gone wrong, plain and simple. Bad planning bad idea.

There's another scene which I will probably post later, that has my nephew jumping into a spa in a business, splashing around and getting out and running. The part you don't see and we couldn't get was, the damn mall security reacted way way faster then we thought they would and followed his footprints out to my truck, where he was hiding. Anyway long story short he ends up getting out and running, they call the police and he gets chased through town and finally stopped with 4 cop cars and 6 police. The Mall security thought he was hidding out in a truck that didn't belong to him, it didn't, it belonged to me, but I had to get there first to tell them. Me and the other guy were wandering around in the mall because we were being followed because we had a camera and they knew it was a stunt. We went all over except to the truck, because we didn't want richard to get caught, not knowing he was already caught and what had happened outside.
Oh man just typing this out brings back so many funny memories.........ehhh for another time.

PO
Last edited by ipon70 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Got all ambitious tonight and posted another clip on our site, enjoy.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Funny stuff.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Here's another funny part of the SPA story. The security people when Jon (Richard, my Newphew) got back to the Mall they told him that he is banned from the Mall and can never come back on the property. And that if we posted this we would be sued in court. Well the very next day we go back there, mall security really didn't even look at us. We find this one guy that I know and ask him if that story got to him and he said oh yeah, they were talking about it this morning. He said funny thing is they are dropping the whole thing because they are scared of a law suit??..hmmmm what??... Well I didn't know, and the interesting part is, Jon was in the back of my truck, in the bed of the truck and I have a tonneau cover that latches, you can't open it from inside. So I guess when they were saying to him get out, we know you are in there, come on out. He was just hiding out without the option of opening it, well they opened it up and looked inside(thats when he bailed and ran). I guess they can't do that, it's just like breaking and entering, they dont have any real authority. So long long story short, they dropped everything in hopes that we wouldn't sue them, and the guy that opened the cover was fired. All that, all that...happened because of a 10 second clip, who would have thunk it...lol.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com