Untitled Drama/Fantasy short

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pubicface

Untitled Drama/Fantasy short

Post by Pubicface »

I'm in the process of pre production for this film and i wanted to get some feedback on what some of you guys think about my idea (I'm expecting to hear its been done before, but if it is say it anyway).

The story is this:

The main character is in jail, when one day he recieves a letter telling him that his son is dead and he needs to go to the funeral. He goes to get permission to leave, but the government denies him. So he goes back to his cell, where he imagines (in a very Big Fish kinda way) that he escapes from the jail and goes to the funeral. Then later that day, he actually tries to escape (while he is escaping he is seeing his daydream, and so we see his point of view, and the reality point of view of what he's doing) In the end he is shot down and killed before he can escape.

This is the basic outline. If anybody wants details on certain things just ask.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Untitled Drama/Fantasy short

Post by DEDFX »

I have no idea why you said the ending.
Pubicface

Post by Pubicface »

I said the ending cuz theres a 99% chance none of you on this sight will see this movie. So there really is no point to keeping you people in suspense. I hope that answers your useless comment. Keep em comin.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Don't be a dick about it, it does make it seem a little pointless to see a movie when you know the ending. (That's happened to me when I was about to see Bicentennial Man).

I would have seen it if you haven't told the ending. I got pretty interested. I kinda thought of Shawshank Redemption.

From what I read it seemed like it'd a short movie. Or is it that you'll add some fluff inbetween all the main stuff?

And when you say in a Big Fish kind of way, you mean like freezing everything and moving around showing what's happening? Also about the escape: what kind of plan could he come up with in one day and do it the same day? He plants an atomic bomb and blows up half the jail? And reality point of view: is that like third person, or it cuts in and out of the daydream into like third person?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I try to watch almost every film that is placed on here. Anywho, find a title for this film! Also, how long is it going to be and all that other juicy detail (will there be original music, all that cr**).
Pubicface

Post by Pubicface »

Its gonna be a short. but there will be a few flashbacks during the beginning. and what i mean by Big Fish is that the guy is gonna be imagining all these lucky things happening for him, its gonna be like the mood of the stories in Big Fish (like for instance the cop would give him the keys to his cell). And he has no plan. He just tries to escape like any person with no plan would (lots of running, and some punching of cops).

The reality and daydream point of few is third person. As for other stuff, the movie will have original music, and I have no idea for the length sense its going to have little dialogue.

I'm just gonna film then see how long it has to be to get the idea across. I'ma shoot it with my Sony PD-150 DV cam at my high school (sense it looks more jail-like than most real jails anyway. They are re-cementing the whole thing and it has this really nice gray color so i'ma have to film it within the next 2 to 3 weeks)
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

(lots of running, and some punching of cops).
That's always the best way, lol.

Since this movie has little dialogue, this means that the movie will just be alot of watching him comtemplate stuff, or like more action orentied?
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

reminds me of O'brother where art tho, i do like your story though, im not saying you copied or anything.....
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Yeah, it did me too. Which brings me to the question, is that the era you're setting it in or is it modern day?