First Film I Ever Made

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bretoncrackers

First Film I Ever Made

Post by bretoncrackers »

My friend and i recently re-edited one of our films. We ran it through magic bullet, cleaned up some of the audio, and all that jazz. This was the very FIRST film i ever made, and it is what sparked me to keep making films. I hope you guys like it, and annny feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.savefile.com/files/4364413

just click that link and follow the procedure to download the file. It's in windows media video format, i hope noone's dissappointed.

P.S. The title of the film is What Women Don't Want

enjoy
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: First Film I Ever Made

Post by Truggy »

downloaded...watching...

edit -

Ok, from what i can see....Everything looks good... Audio is a tad weak...(meaning it's kind of hard to hear the talking in some parts)...I thought the guy singing was hilarious..."The Closet" hahaha thats hilarious...OMFG ITS A GAY BAR?? hahahaha...The guy at the end with the golfclub...i think 3 guys can take that guy on....hahaha Hilarious movie, Exellent job.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

It was good and you had many actors. I just hope you didn't base this movie because you like The OC or Laguna Beach or something.
bretoncrackers

Post by bretoncrackers »

good god no. The OC is the bane of my existence. Ive never watched an episode, but my girlfriend worships it, so it's a constant struggle for her to choose between me and the OC, but dont worry guys, im winning. thanks for the feedback
levertuning

Post by levertuning »

Good film man! I normally loose interest by most films here with the same length. But this one got me from start to finish. Try to film your actors from one side. Never switch side between takes (like in the lockerroom while talking to the gym coach and when the character first meets April in the hall). Keep your camera on one side of the actors and never on two sides. I didn't see much of the Magic Bullet filters. But maybe that's just me. Keep up the good work!
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Well done. I enjoyed it, and even laughed through it.

The only critisism I have is the sound. The buzzing was a little annoying. You just need an external mic and that would have been great.

The Gym (P.E. in Britain) teacher was great. Ours use to make us go in the showers naked, and count each of you to make sure you've all gone in!!!! How wierd is that. Also, the violent father was excellent. How many of those guys in the gay bar were actually gay?

Overall good acting, good script, good music and good shots. Just a shame on the sound in places. I give it 9 out of 10. Well done.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
bretoncrackers

Post by bretoncrackers »

if i put up the original footage you'd see the magic bullet at work, it balanced out a lot of shots and gave us a crisper image. As for the buzzing, are you talking about the hallway scene where he picks up april? that was the fluorescent light overhead, and it's been killing me, but if you're talking about the general hum in the entire clip, i found that was from compressing the film to .wmv (im working on it though). Thanks for the feedback guys, you'll be happy to know that the latest piece of equipment me and my buds picked up is a nice sennheiser shotgun mic, which will help me sleep at night.
bretoncrackers

Post by bretoncrackers »

A Much better link, no download required (courtesy of google video). Very quick load.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ble%3Atrue