Detonation films stock footage problem

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

freed

Detonation films stock footage problem

Post by freed »

Ok so i've added to my clip and rendered bu there seems to be these wierd lines accross the footage now. Is it because of a certain format.

Any help on fixing it. ...Please!

Thankyou.
-Freed
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Detonation films stock footage problem

Post by jcdenton »

weird lines? could you be more specific? Can you post a screenshot? It sounds to me like you are are talking about interlace sawteeth, but it could be anything.
freed

Post by freed »

Yes it's an interlacing problem i believe, how do i fix it ...?
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

You believe? Well if it's lines on the contours of moving things, on every other pixel-line, then it seems to be an interlace thing. Basicly I'd say: That's ok, don't remove them, don't deinterlace a movie, because if you once gonna play it on a TV or Video Beam for PAL or NTSC Signals (any standalone DVD Player), it will expect interlaced Material. The lines you don't like now will make the movie sharp and liquid in motion! So you should not worry about the lines. They need to be there, if they are not there, something is wrong.

Now if you have finfished your movie and you want to release a web version without these interlaced lines, you still can Deinterlace a copy of it. Please note Deinterlacing will allways reduce the Image quality of your movie more or less. MOst times it will blur your Movie a lot.

It may be the best solution to reduce the size the movie by 50% and save it in Progressive mode (means it will be deinteralces automaticly). But you should do this with a copy of the main product only. If you burn a DVD, always burn it interlaced (bottom frame first).
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

Det Films ais in NTSC format, if you need it for PAL get a converter.
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!