Vegas 5 question, need answers!

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Vegas 5 question, need answers!

Post by Kentertainment »

Okay, I rendered my newest movie "Code of Dissolution" and for some reason instead of rendering one film it made two seperate files that cut off every 18 min and 48 seconds. Is there a way I can change this so I just have the one file? I need answers NOW! or else I can't get the movie online for a while.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Vegas 5 question, need answers!

Post by maj_barnes »

I was looking through the forums last night and I stumbled on this:

http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/view ... gas+5+help

Hope it helps!
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Vegas 5 question, need answers!

Post by Kentertainment »

Yeah that somewhat helped.

Anywho, I have another question. I began rendering in MPEG 2 because it's good picture quality and it doesn't take up much space. I'm rendering it in 24fps as well, my question is. There is a scroll box in the custum settings for rendering that is labeled something like "Format" and it contains MPEG 2, DVD, and one other, I want to render it and put it on DVD, if I put the setting to MPEG 2 will it still be able to be put on a DVD? That's a tough one to answer.
Run4CoverProductions

Rendering

Post by Run4CoverProductions »

Hello mate,

I dont know whether this will be any help!! I don`t use Vegas, I use Premiere Pro but when it comes to converting it is all the same.

MPEG 2 is what DVD uses so i think if you convert it to MPEG 2 you should be able to put that file into a Encoding program like Nero Vision Express 2 or Adobe Encore DVD (if you have them) and convert the file ready for burning onto DVD (the VOB files can be put onto your harddrive or you can encode and then burn, depends on settings). If i am right i think what you end up with if you convert to MPEG 2 is a seperate video and audio file which then need to be converted to DVD files. If you select DVD then it might convert it to VOB files. Having never done this I am unsure. I tend to go for a seperate DVD encoding program as they tend to be better than using the one that comes with the editing program.

Some people may disagree with that but it is all personal preference.

If i was you i would just encode 30 seconds of your film (select a bit) and try out each option!! Thats what i do when I am not sure of something!!

I hope this helps!! If I am wrong then I apologise!

This is my first post so I hope it is ok! Only joined yesterday!!

James
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Rendering

Post by Kentertainment »

Ah yes, immediatly after that post I found out the problem. Thanks a lot though.