short on time

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

iCEbLuEORbitZ

short on time

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

okay, if you read my "is this a good hitman script" post, i've changed the story ALOT, in fact it's not even a hitman story anymore, its a pshcho-thriller/drama/suspense video. okay, so the story is about some college students who just got back from school. so it's summer. howevver... i have about 2 weeks left of summer before the leaves all change colors... so either i have to get it done before then (all the outdoor scenes) which i can't imagine doing becaues i have soccer games tuesdays and thursdays, battle of the bands wednesday this week, homecoming game friday, and homecoming dance saturday, then that gives me just the next weeek to film the whole movie. plus as of right now my main actor isn't reading the script so he has to take time on set to memorize his lines and does a half-a** job. either i should put this script away until next summer, orr, i modify it somehow to take place in the fall time. but i don't know how everyone can be home from college for a 2-3 week span of time in the fall. anyone have any ideas please?? any help would be appreciated. thanks.
theChad

RE: short on time

Post by theChad »

Just modify it for fall if you aren't sure if everyone is going to be around. Better that than it never getting done, plus fall and summer aren't that different.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Or, go location scouting quickly, make a shot-plan (for instance, HANHELD: Bob walks to Susie) based on that location, that way you know what you're doing, were you're going. Then with simple math skills, divide how many scenes you have by the days you have and film however many scenes that may be per day. viola!
iCEbLuEORbitZ

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

well i have a full script written out.. almost. the very very ending is in my head but not on paper yet. i have 29 pages in almost full detail and i know in my head exactly what i want them to do. which, if they fricken read the script they could know how to act right, so we wouldn't have to take hours per scene. but from wat you said thChad, the only problem with that is it will look wierd if some scenes are with green trees and some are randomly with colored trees you know? i can change it somewhat in post, by giving it a green colored look to it, but it would be hard to cut out the characters and put a diff coloring on them, you know wat i mean? if i could do that, i would have all the way until the leaves fall off to film... but i don't know how.. like sin city, where they cut out one thing and colorize it differently then everything else. so if ne1 knos how to do that (i've got premiere pro and photoshop) that would be great. otherwise i guess i have an idea that might work to modify the script, but it won't make much sense and it might give away the ending... so if any1 else has other ideas, that wolud be great. thanks you guys for the ideas.