help with vegas 5.0

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jaredcosta

help with vegas 5.0

Post by jaredcosta »

hey,

i have vegas 5 and was wondering if anyone knows how to convert 4:3 into 16:9, i tried something that they said may work, (in intructions), but that didn't. I was just wondering because I have some holiday video I wanted to get in 16:9 for my aunty.

thanks
TheJethro

RE: help with vegas 5.0

Post by TheJethro »

Ok, What I did was sort of a pain, but a way to do it is go to each and every clip, right click it. Go down to properties, then the media tab. Under "Pixel aspect ratio" there are some widescreen options, but im not sure if they are 16:9.
jaredcosta

RE: help with vegas 5.0

Post by jaredcosta »

ok, the problem with that is people appear to some out stretched. there is some thing my teacher was telling me about that may work, it is something to do with cropping.

i tried doing this;

clicking 'file', than 'properties', than in the 'template' part changing that to..
"PAL DV Widescreen (720x576, 25.000 fps)"

than abit down they have a section called..
Pixel Aspect Ratio, on that I selected "1.0000 (Square)". It said it would put it into 16:9 but didn't, I tried it on his 16:9 laptop. all that came up was it was a small box in the middle. like a square in a reqtangle. so bassicly it just shoved to bars on it.

I just wanted to do some 16:9 work but only have a 4:3 camera. (the panasonic nv-gs120, good camera)

so if anyone can help that'd be great

thanks,
jared