need suggestions : 2 movie idea

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

naflish

need suggestions : 2 movie idea

Post by naflish »

actually i've presented these 2 ideas to my lecturer for my major project. but he rejected it saying its too arty and have no commercial aspect. (maybe he want all his studen's work to enter competitions but what the hell, its the student's work! we just want to finish school). damn

idea 1

Synopsis

story about a blind girl who sees the world through her imagination in which
she tries to interpret whatever around her to be bright, colorful and charm.
But nothing is as it seems when she been kidnapped.

idea 2

synopsis

what if whenever u blink your eye, there's a flash
(persistant of vision that happen after seeing a bright light) that resembles a women
and she's luring your dull life into something colorful. but what u see is not really what u get so
after u'v been 'dragged' to a dark room, the women dissapears and u're left alone where there's no light around to recreate the effect.

these are just concept ideas. the scripts is still in progress.
just tell me what u think and how well this will do in term of arty or commercial value

thanx !
}}}{{{{
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: need suggestions : 2 movie idea

Post by maj_barnes »

I don't really follow the second one, but the first is a good idea, it just would seem a little hard to come up with how she sees things, or it could be just me. But I do like the first alot.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

I ahevtn the faintest what the second one is about but the first oen sounds very good, and if it could be both written and produced properly then i believe that it has lots of potential
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
naflish

Post by naflish »

sorry 4 the too brief synopsis of the 2 ideas. let me elaborate more

idea 1

the blind girl is about 6-8 year old, so she imagined the world like a child's painting. the world is
like a big canvas to her. if u've seen the japanese anime Spirited Away, the look of 'people' around her
is just like the ghost in the anime. So one day, she's been kidnapped and took away to a isolated place. The mean/bad guy
is kinda like haunting her and she's very scared. So when got the chance, she run away from the place, blindly running
with only her imagination and senses as her navigation.

idea 2

the second idea is,,, try see your house light for a long time. And then blink your eyes alot. Can u see the light shape casted ? So thats how the girl been formed. Imagine u got a girlfriend that u can only see when u blink your eye repeatiously. This one is abit funny.Imagine shooting my actor to be the eye blinking man, walking around following the light-casted girl. hehe..

anyway thanks for your input. I hope there will be more ppl responding to this. So that i can print this out and show it to my lecturer and say "heyy.. they all give good responses to my ideas. And they are very kind too!" Take that Mr Lecturer!!
}}}{{{{
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

i really do liek the first idea, i think it has gargantuan amounts of potential, the second one is also very different and original but a bit stranger, good ideas
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
jaredcosta

Re: RE: need suggestions : 2 movie idea

Post by jaredcosta »

crossfire wrote:i really do liek the first idea, i think it has gargantuan amounts of potential, the second one is also very different and original but a bit stranger, good ideas
same here
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: need suggestions : 2 movie idea

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yeah the both sound quite interesting to me, I can't imagine exactly why your lecturer dismissed them, but i suspect it may be because he wants to ensure you develop films that utilise, 180 degree ruled classical narrative structured drama's, with conventional editing, as opposed tp dutch angles, with shots that 'cross the line' and a multidude of graphic and visual filter effects with a fast MTV or a dreamy slow edit.

Wow that sounds sarcastic it isnt, it just put the extremes in two different ways. In any case both ideas sound imaginative, i prefer the second one, and ill go on about that now lol.

The first one, in reference to childhood innocence, and the perception of a child, who is not wary of the concepts of evil etc, (from an adult perspective) and who sees things in visual metaphors (like for example kiddy drawings maybe) is not a new concept. Sure as if everythings original tho right? Point is tho, the second idea sounds original and technically much more feasible, as the first could take up a lot of time no?

So the second idea is fresher, romance or grief, loss etc percieved only in a flashing of an eyelid, gives you entry into far more interesting drama potential than 'childhood innocence' for you can go anywhere with the blinking hehe. From the potential of mental illness to the supernatural, it could take ur audience and story to a conclusion and journey wholly unpredictable.

So go for idea 2!
naflish

RE: Re: RE: need suggestions : 2 movie idea

Post by naflish »

thanks lawriejaffa for your comments... yea the second idea is kinda new.. i remember that franz ferdinanz use camera view from inside the singer's mouth for their music vidoe. so its kinda stupid..but worthwile... maybe thats the closes that u can imagine if i do this idea...i donno.. anyway please explain about that 180 degree ruled classical narrative structured drama.. what the heck is that? never heard of it..
}}}{{{{