I need an M60!

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

trabre2003

I need an M60!

Post by trabre2003 »

Ok, sorry to bother everyone again, but I need to find a realistic looking (preferably airsoft) M60 machine gun for use in my next film. It should be as close to 1:1 scale as possible, and I would also like the handle that some M60's have on the front. By that I mean the vertical handle you hold in your left hand, like the one seen in Rambo: First blood part II. It's also the one you see Mac from Predator using. I'm fairly flexible on price, so if you know ANYTHING, please tell me. I know this is a tough one, but that's why I need help finding this thing. Any help will be IMMENSLY appreciated. Also, if anyone knows how to custom make one, I would be interested in buying if the price is right. Thanks again guys, you are always so helpful. :)
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: I need an M60!

Post by UFProductions »

I have never seen a cheap airsoft M60, just the ridiculously overpriced AEG's from TOP (about $1000 entry price). So your best bet (in my mind) is to buy the biggest cheap toy you can find for as little as possible, then butcher it up and get it as close to actual size with self adde parts. It may not be perfect, but it'll cost a whole he ll of a lot less.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: I need an M60!

Post by maj_barnes »

thunderw21

Post by thunderw21 »

If you have some spare change and want something really close to an original, check out resin weapons. They're not super cheap but they look better than airsoft.

http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/replicaspage.html
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Thats a pretty good deal for the unbuilt ones, I would lay down $75 for that.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I might get a mg34, they do have a lot of good prices.
Supertrunks65

Post by Supertrunks65 »

DId you try looking on Ebay?
trabre2003

Post by trabre2003 »

Yeah, I looked on ebay-nothing there. I do have an idea though. If I got one of the plastic M60's (see the first link Maj Barnes posted) , then bought one of that same site's vertical pump shotguns ( http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/mercha ... softoyguns ) I could remove the handles from the shotguns and use some screws to attach them to the M60, I could have a relatively cheap weapon with a cool front handle. I'm just trying to get the front handle cuz it looks really cool, but if I can't pull it off, I could just use the toy by itself. If I had a a spare 200 bucks, I'd get the resin one though. Thanks alot. :)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

From my experiences with CUSHMAN PAINTBALL, I DO NOT recommend them for movie props!!!

It is NOT worth your time and money for mostly fake-looking vacuform plastic!!!

AIRSOFT IS MUCH BETTER. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!

;)
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Okay.
trabre2003

Post by trabre2003 »

Ok, sorry for the long time since my last post, but my internet's been down and i've had to respond from oustide my house. I've started to work on the idea I had. When I'm done, I'll try to get some pictures online.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I might try the Crushman Paintball just for starting a uniform...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Well i have it on good authority they intend to make a K98 rubbery model as well which for budget ww2 films would be very useful.

Personally i think the MGs etc seem find for MS to longshots, plus its important to remember that you need them to be authentic enuf for ur average joe, not for yourselves.

Take for example Cross of Iron (great ww2 war movie) lots of discreptancies in uniforms tho, (but nobody human notices) just anoraks like us lol

Tho Epsilon what the hell did those guys (the cushman guys) do with their german helmet rubber version? I mean what model is that supposed to be? The M42 ooh er? That said tho, they could 'possibly' be used, if you were not intending to show them bare, that is, if u had some custom camo helmet cover to go over them? then maybe? but the shape seems wrong (But forgivable perhaps with a cover) ?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE

You will be quite disappointed as was I when I purchased from him. They aren't at all reenactor quality, MAYBE look semi-decent from a distance, but why spend that much money for plastic vaccuform cr**? Whatever... do what you want, but take my advisory into consideration.

FOR EXAMPLE:

They have good looking insignia reproductions on their website, correct? WELL I thought I'd buy some for my outfits. BAD IDEA!!! Guess what... turns out they simply ripped off At The Front's pictures and PRINTED out theirs... That's right, you heard me, it is PRINTED. It's total bullshit. Just spend the extra dollar and DO IT RIGHT. Buy from ATF, they are nice and have GOOD stuff. :x

GET THE IDEA SO FAR??? I am honest to GOD trying to help you guys out.

I have no idea what he thinks when he sells this junk...
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

...money, money, money.