My two badass action films

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

townshend88

My two badass action films

Post by townshend88 »

well, its up to you to decide if they're badass or not. heres the link to them, feel free to leave a review.

http://studentfilms.com/film/castmember ... berId=3258
"Can the boy tell time?"
"Oh my Lord, no."
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: My two badass action films

Post by DEDFX »

I clicked on the movies but not seeing where you download them.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Over to the right, on the nav bar that says "Play Quicktime." Click your connection speed.

I watched the first one. Pretty awesome. It made me laugh. Great camera shots, like the close up of the fish and all of the guys standing outside of the house.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Can I be a meber of this site for free?
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

No...it appears not. From the FAQ:
* Does it cost anything to submit my film to the site? *

"Yes, however the rates are extremely cheap:

Films 0-10 minutes long: $10 (per year)
Films 11-45 minutes long: $1/minute (per year)

This comes out to as low as only 2.7 cents a day or 83 cents per month to have your film seen by hundreds per week and reviewed by your peers.

This is not a submission fee. If for any reason your film is not accepted, your money will be refunded.

Your film will not be lost in a massive site such as iFilm where your film is quickly forgotten. Studentfilms.com is a small organization that is dedicated to student filmmakers and we want the best on-line experience for you and your film.

With Studentfilms.com's new dynamic and searchable site your film will not be buried in a mass of other films. The new "Randomizer" feature is great for surfers and the site now features more dynamic stats and reviews.

Most festivals charge $50 for submissions - and even then there is no guarantee that your film will be seen. iFilm, on the other hand charges $200 for a year to have your film lost on their site."
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I might sign up. How'd you do those squibs? Firecrackers or hudson sprayer?
townshend88

Post by townshend88 »

we used an air compressor for the blood hits, i guess thats the same as a hudson sprayer.
"Can the boy tell time?"
"Oh my Lord, no."
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I would use that if I had (might get one for my airbrush but they're a lot)one but I'm using those things that you pump and spray the chemicals to kill weeds. In my next movie I'm gunna have to buy many of the so we can have a lot of body hits :D And part 1 was pretty good.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Yeah, I liked them, nothing beats it like random violence. Although I did see in the second movie towards the beginning, he shoots the prisoner and then a random hand pops up in the foreground. What did you do to achieve the smoke coming from the gun effect?
bretoncrackers

Post by bretoncrackers »

pretty good films, i like your style. The only thing (and it got better in the second movie) was that your guys would be firing from the same handgun (u managed with the rifles) and they'd never change clips. There was one scene where your hero man fired off like 2 dozen rounds and then just kept going. And that having been said, its pretty much all i can criticize about the film, which is damn good. Just one question, whats with the orphans?
townshend88

Post by townshend88 »

yeah, i know we fired way too many rounds...on our next film im going to be meticulous and have people change clips when they would have to in real life--12 rounds or so for the handgun depending on type, 25 to 30 for rifiles. the orphans we did because all we wanted to do was have a gunfight, but we wanted the heros (me and my friend whit) to be the good guys...so i was just like, ok, lets have them save orphans. glad you liked em.
"Can the boy tell time?"
"Oh my Lord, no."
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I loved the bullet hits, especially in the first where the second one to get shot, get well, shot in the gut. I also liked the sound of the guns, the compression made them seem more unique. Except the Uzi, it sounded like a heavy machine gun.
trabre2003

Post by trabre2003 »

How did you do the hits on the car surface in the second one?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Those were pretty good, very tongue in cheek. Some issues I won't go into, but they looked like you had fun filming them.

Did I detect a hint of Tarantino influence?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
townshend88

Post by townshend88 »

tarantino? us? nah.

and my friend did the car hits in the second one using adobe aftereffects...dont ask me what he did, though.
"Can the boy tell time?"
"Oh my Lord, no."