short story adaptation ideas?

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

townshend88

short story adaptation ideas?

Post by townshend88 »

i really like the idea of adapting a novel or short story for a film. does anyone have any favorite storys or novels that would be cool to turn into a script?
"Can the boy tell time?"
"Oh my Lord, no."
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: short story adaptation ideas?

Post by crossfire »

how much moolah do you possess (in layman's terms, how big is your budget?)
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
abreshears

Post by abreshears »

I guess it depends on where your tastes lie. A really cool short story is "The Most Dangerous Game". They already made a film of this, but it is really old and not very good. Could use a loose adaptation to make a really cool thriller type movie and modernize the script. Basically a guy who has travelled the whole world hunting different types of animals gets bored with the sport because it is no longer a challenge. So he buys an island where he traps shipwrecked sailors and hunts these people. He enjoys the sport of it because it is more fair, as the human can think and outwit him. A good read anyway, a little work and it'd make a great movie.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I LOVE THAT STORY, I remember reading it in the 9th grade. But it has already been done:
http://fxhome.com/cinema/info_cache/movieinfo1887.html

A little different, but the same basic princple. I don't think you'd be able to top it.

How about Band of Brothers, lol.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

It would be cool to alter the story in Alice and Wonderland, "the Walrus and the Carpenter".
I always thought of it as two characters walking in the desert who happen to be cannibals...
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

Cannibals? wouldnt make much of a childrens story! lol
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Alice in Wonderland wasn't exactly a children's story either...
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

"Here, take this acid and write down what you see." That's how Alice in Wonderland was written. See if you can get a hold of a 8th or 9th grade English book. Those have tons of short stories. I remember one about some guy placing a bet on wether he could stay in solitary confinement for several years. He ended up going insane or something. That was one of the better ones.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]