My super awesome marketing plan!

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

My super awesome marketing plan!

Post by lethelgirth87 »

Alright, to market my latest film, I made a bunch of copies on DVD, called up my friend Josh who knows EVERYONE in the general vacinity, and we went out and gave away FREE copies! Even if the people weren't home we just left it on their doorsteps. I put a business card inside the cover of each one, thus evenly distrubiting them all over town. And I told them to tell their friends if they wanted a free copy, I'd be more than happy to deliver it to their door free of charge. So really, its the super ultimate plan of making myself and my services known throughout the community.
"Prolly Just Film"
El Brenty

RE: My super awesome marketing plan!

Post by El Brenty »

Sounds like a great idea, but why not involve the local media as well. The newspapers or local television news would love a story like that.
Moderating behind the bushes!
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: My super awesome marketing plan!

Post by crossfire »

Ya its true, I mean the media here has covered much less important/uninteresting items before, you might be lucky enough to be on the news, this would spread your name quite a bit more than giving a free copy of movies to people. Also just a question, do you think the attention/advertising that you are achieving is worth giving out so many free copies?
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
LizaTrainer

Re: My super awesome marketing plan!

Post by LizaTrainer »

lethelgirth87 wrote:Alright, to market my latest film, I made a bunch of copies on DVD, called up my friend Josh who knows EVERYONE in the general vacinity, and we went out and gave away FREE copies! Even if the people weren't home we just left it on their doorsteps. I put a business card inside the cover of each one, thus evenly distrubiting them all over town. And I told them to tell their friends if they wanted a free copy, I'd be more than happy to deliver it to their door free of charge. So really, its the super ultimate plan of making myself and my services known throughout the community.

You can go one step further, ask if you can take a picture of you giveing it to them to put on your site, showing there suport.

They could think if this guy makes it I will have a pic of me with him for all to see, and want to suport you more, just a tought.