Make a flamethower In 2 Minutes

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Do you feel the need to post an inane comment for everything?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

I like to have my say! are there any other daft ways to make a flamethrowr?
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya what me and a friend did but it only shot like 2 meters, is we put gasoline in a windex bottle and used a BBQ lighter to light it, but if you have somethign that can build up more pressure than use that, as for fuel gasoline is the BEST
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

No, the last thing you want to use is gasoline, it dissolves plastics. If you use an alcohol you will be able to rinse out whatever you used with water, and use it again, so you won't kill your supersoaker.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

alcohol works too
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

what did you use in that video for the flame at the guns nozzle outcast?
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
FabianJansen

Post by FabianJansen »

windog wrote:thats too daft. suppose the flame backed up the water gun and blew the tank? sorry im not an idiot.
Same... if the tank blew you will soon find a fair amount of burning liquid being sprayed all over your body by the pressure so... no :wink:
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

It isn't possible for the flame to back up into the gun and explode, well, to a point. For soemthing, anything, to burn it must have air, without it nothing happens. In a water gun the line running from the nozzle to the tank is competly filled with liquid. There is no room for air, therefore no possibility for fire. However as you begin to run out of liquid and the tank sucks dry you get a fuel air mix coming out of the nozzle, then if you aren't careful an explosion is technically possible.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
XhuntedoverlordX

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

http://carpetmonster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fj.htm

I dug up that link on hackaday a while back it's a pretty stable design. There's also a water proof camera case on hackaday somewhere if you want to look it up. I think the underwater camera case costs about $30 to make. I'm not sure about the flamethrower though. You can find some seriously cool things to make at hackaday.com.
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

that is pretty darn fooking cool, looks fairly expensive though, and it actually worked, cool
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
Recogged

Post by Recogged »

XhuntedoverlordX wrote:http://carpetmonster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fj.htm

I dug up that link on hackaday a while back it's a pretty stable design. There's also a water proof camera case on hackaday somewhere if you want to look it up. I think the underwater camera case costs about $30 to make. I'm not sure about the flamethrower though. You can find some seriously cool things to make at hackaday.com.
A friend of mine made something like that guy, but unfortunately the pilot light broke and died after 1 second of firing, so all we had was a pressurised spray of unlit flammable liquid. And it started leaking then, so it had to be scrapped. It was pretty funny actually, we were all killing ourselves with anticipation to see the thing go off (he spent like a month working on it) then just as we thought it had worked the whole thing petered out.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

"No, the last thing you want to use is gasoline, it dissolves plastics. If you use an alcohol you will be able to rinse out whatever you used with water, and use it again, so you won't kill your supersoaker."

But aren't gasoline containers plastic? I know they dissolve styrofoam though.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

yeh gasoline/ petrol does dissolve plastic, i didn't realise until the plastic was going 'gooey' in my hands, does anyone no why this happens, this there a cheap protective layer you can buy, some sort of cheap chemical substance, there must be something out there?
Last edited by ctbullet on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recogged

Post by Recogged »

from what I'm aware, most types of hydrocarbon will dissolve plastic. So don't try other stuff like turpentine, kero etc.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, because plastics are made from petrochemicals they bond to each other and become a thick liquid. Plastic jerry cans are treated on the inside with a special process (I think it may be a very thin layer of glass, or an non-PVC epoxy). As far as a coating you can apply yourself; no, I'm not aware of anything that exists.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I can tell you a safe (relatively) way to get a flame thrower that you can use for extended periods of time is made from a propane tank. Take the propane tank and mount it to a belt or whatever you want to hold it to someone. Then unscrew the tip of the torch so you have an exposed thread end of the nozle. At this point is where I got creative, take some clear water tubing, and make it whatever length you want, then get a piece of copper tubing about 6-8 inches in length and push it in the end of the tube, make sure its very very tight so it doesn't leak. I actually bought one size up, and heated the tubing with a hairdryer so it would stretch, and forced it in the end, then when it cools, that baby ain't coming back out. Next bend the tip of the copper over and mash it pretty flat so you seal the end of it. Then take a small drill bit and make a little hole at the end, turn on the gas and light it. It will throw a stream of fire about 6-8 feet and looks awesome.

Have fun, if you would like a tut, I can through something together and get it up over the weekend. Cost is about $20 total, cheaper if you own the propane tourch already.

PO
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

I dont know if someone posted this, because i didnt look through all the replies. But, what i did was this.

I took a can of spray deoderant and a clothes hangar. I gun the hanger with bolt cutters and taped one end to the deoderant can. the other end went in front of the can. I bent that end upward and taped a candle on it.

Now, all you have to do is light the candle and spray the deoderant.

***I recommend RightGuard because the way the can is designed. The thing you click is horizontal, so when you hold it, it shoots out the way you want it***(i dont know if that just made sense, maybe i wrote it in a bad way)