Updated SWAT/Special Ops costuming

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

shawneous

Updated SWAT/Special Ops costuming

Post by shawneous »

A few months ago I posted a picture of me in my spec ops/SWAT uniform. Well I updated it and put together a total of 5 of them! Here is a few shots of two of us. Does it look real enough as a generic SWAT/Spec Ops uniform?
http://www.nelsonentertainment.com
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Updated SWAT/Special Ops costuming

Post by Epsilon »

Looking good.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

very good, but 2 things, whats with the white on the goggles, eye thingies (please excuse me im really tired) and the kneepads and elbow pads are quite oviously for sports, but very good job!
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
shawneous

Post by shawneous »

The white on the goggles is just fog because it's very hot here and we had on all these clothes. The funny thing is that those knee pads and elbow pads are not for sports! I found and paid a lot for tactical knee pads and elbow pads. If you look at them and compare them to pictures of SWAT teams, they are the exact kind.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

its good, except for the fog, how old are you guys and where did u get those toy guns, how much were they?
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

The uniforms look good, just make sure you know how to hold the guns and move well. And you've said before that these are special forces teams, so just please stop calling them SWAT teams. Not trying to be an a**, but SWAT teams are police officers, special forces are soldiers, kind of a big difference there. Besides, if you were wanting them to be SWAT teams you have the wrong weapons anyway. You'd need a regular MP5, not the RAS version, or an M4 carbine, or Benelli M1 super 90 shotgun.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Thought those were MP5K-PDW's, but I really don't have a working knowledge of guns. In any case the impression looks great, are those guns airsoft or just toy dart guns? Might want to invest in some anti-fog for the goggles. What's the price per character at now?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
SammyJim

Post by SammyJim »

I reckon those guys look great! i need a simalar uniform for a film i might make.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

your guns are fine, if its a movie for the fam they're fine, if your showing the movie to lots of people who know a lot about guns and special forces listen to Sgt. Padrino.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

yeah, well done. Looking pretty nice
shawneous

Post by shawneous »

The percentage of the population that can tell the difference between the different models of the MP5 is so miniscul as to not make it important. If they are paying attention that damned closely to my guns then my story has lost them and I might as well cry and go home. I'd prefer to have them engrossed in the story and have this impression good enough that it sells it. As for money, I got these put together for about $200 USD apiece. The guns are just airsoft from cheaperthandirt.com
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I don't know why so many of you like to complain. It's pretty darn close in my opinion. You can't say the gun are wrong... the Special Operation Tactical units are trained in hundreds of different weapons and their choice of weapon depends on the scenerio. If it's a night mission, they would have silencer mods on the barrel. But the weapon choice isn't wrong.

If you want to make them look more authentic, try using a car primer paint for the metallic luster. ;)
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I thought the fog on the googles made them seem more uniform, like the agents in the Matrix do by all dressing in suits; like they are all the same and try to take out any differences. Or like the Helghast from Killzone:

/
But they do look really good, the pants look like track pants in the pictures, or is that just the flash?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I wasn't saying anything bad about your costumes, just helping you out, how much did all that cost per person?
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

yes indeed very good
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

He has already stated about the cost per person btw....up a bit

What the did you use for the trousers and under garments, what is the chest (shite what is the name) the chest utility belt??
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
shawneous

Post by shawneous »

The pants and shirts are actual military tactical BDU's from outinstyle.com. They are a bit shiny because they are brand spankin new. The chest thing is a tactical vest from cheaperthandirt.com
Catscratch44

Post by Catscratch44 »

Where did u get the helmets i've been looking for somting like that for my movie in the making
"A morning without coffee is like sleep."
shawneous

Post by shawneous »

cheaperthandirt.com for only $21.97 USD a piece for the helmets! I was very pleased. Cheaperthandirt.com rocks, someone from this site turned me on to them and now I've blown over a $1000 there. Damn you matthawkins.co.uk! lol, j/k, i love the place.
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

$1000, ur loaded
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

wow
shawneous

Post by shawneous »

no, i'm not loaded, I just work a job. you could work at McDonalds and still afford that in just a few weeks.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I wouldn't want to work at McDonald's.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Working minimum wage at McDonalds 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, it'll take you about 6 weeks after taxes to earn $1,000. That's a lot of time at McDonalds!!! :D

I like working jobs. Find something you enjoy doing. I do 3d animations and like to spoil myself. hahaha
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I worked at a Hardee's and by the end of the week and working around 36 hours, I got like 200.