Two Movie Idea

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Highlander

Two Movie Idea

Post by Highlander »

I've been thinking about these two movie ideas for a while, and thought I'd run them past everyone to see what they think.

Here's the first idea: Basically, a person starts getting severe headaches. Then, all of the sudden they go into a seizure. Jeb, the main character, has visions in this coma that God is talking to him. And God tells him to kill these people in organized crime. At the end, he finds out that he has a very advance brain tumor, but manages to kill his main target before dying himself.

And this second idea is something like political satire: Ron, the main character, has a friend who is slightly mentally retarded and paranoid. So he has all this stuff stored away for the end of the world. During the beginning of the movie, it is shown that there is severe nuclear tensions between many countries. Ron doesn't believe it, but Chester, his friend, gets all worried about it. So one day, the two friends find themselves at Chester's house when they think a large nuclear explosion happens. They are in Chester's bomb shelter for a day or two, when they start to hear moaning from outside. When they look outside, they see that there was no nuclear explosion: just an invasion of zombies. In the end, when they start to run out of food, they try to escape. When they finally get out of town, they are shot by government agents. As it turns out, it was just a test to see how citizens would react to a zombie invasion. I go the idea after reading a book called "The Zombie Survival Guide".

Suggestions?
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

im just curious, why would God have him kill someone? doesnt seem right, maybe you could have him have his vision of himself killing the people, and he tries to avoid it happening, but through a turn of events, it ends up happening anyways? just a possibility, but a good basis, the storyline can easily be left to the imagination.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I just came up with a really good ending for the first one, but now I want it so I can use it. But if you can figure it out then you can have it.

Clue:
Fight Club
XhuntedoverlordX

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

God might want to kill people. *cough**cough* Commies *cough**cough*
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

*cough**cough*commie-nazis*cough**cough*
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

That first idea is actually alot like that movie "Frailty", good movie too. Anyways, your first idea is good, but i like the second better. It'd be a good comedy. And what are you talking about? God loves everyone....except those damn puerto ricans.....
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

i want everyone to know im just kidding though, just in case some represeantive for a Puerto Rican rights group happens to stumble over this site....
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Grant

Post by Grant »

rep 22 :
im just curious, why would God have him kill someone?
In the bible God gets his angels to kill people for him.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Mr.Anderson wrote:i want everyone to know im just kidding though, just in case some represeantive for a Puerto Rican rights group happens to stumble over this site....
There's too many in Florida without a green card as it is.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Grant wrote: In the bible God gets his angels to kill people for him.
really? i didnt know he actually had them kill peopl...hmm...shows what i know...haha
Grant

Post by Grant »

study the bible and see how many people are destroyed by the angels, many

Some quick references i have found
A beautifully written and detailed account of an angel carrying out God's judgement is in 2 Samuel 24:15&16. King David had disobeyed a direct command of the Lord, which led to calamity falling on areas of his kingdom. "So the Lord sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning until the appointed time; and 70,000 men died. When the angel stretched out his hand toward Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord relented from the calamity, and said to the angel who destroyed the people 'It is enough! Now relax your hand.'"

and find out what the did to Sodom and Gomorrah! lol
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

sure ya but unless the main character is an angel or something then it wouldnt work too well. Also why in organised crime, maybe make it a vision of his father tells him to do it, or something....
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

maj_barnes wrote:
Mr.Anderson wrote:i want everyone to know im just kidding though, just in case some represeantive for a Puerto Rican rights group happens to stumble over this site....
There's too many in Florida without a green card as it is.
Puerto Ricans do not need a green card, as Puerto Rico is a US territory they have all the same rights as a US Citizen.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

The point of the first one, as it says at the end, is that he actuelly has cancer in his brain which gave him the "visions". The reason it's the gangsters is that at the beginning, he's reading the paper which talks about recent crimes.

And here's another twist for the first one, or even the second: instead of the normal beginning-middle-end, I may make it so that it's the middle-beginning-end instead. I got the idea from Momento, but I didn't want to copy that style directly.
You want to know what God thinks of mentally handicaped people? Look at Bush.
- Timmy, South Park
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

how would middle-beggining-end style work exactly?
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

The middle section of the movie would be first, then the beginning and finally the end.

Get it?
You want to know what God thinks of mentally handicaped people? Look at Bush.
- Timmy, South Park
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

NPMAX wrote:Puerto Ricans do not need a green card, as Puerto Rico is a US territory they have all the same rights as a US Citizen.
I thought because it's a commonwealth they needed one. Anyways, too many that don't know english, that sound better :) .
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

yes i understood that part, never mind i think i get it.
moviemaster

Post by moviemaster »

Wow this thread jumps all over the place! Religion, Movies, ethics, geography!
Anyway, I thought the zombie idea for the second movie was a little strange, and when i read it i didnt get the impression that it was a comedy type of thing.
Beyond Reality
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Just the idea to me of "oh it wasnt a nuclear explosion.....it was an invasion of zombies..." sounded like something that could be made into a sort of dark comedy.

-- Stanley Kubrick
naflish

Post by naflish »

in the second movie... the point when the two characters went out from hiding and to their surprised, the world is attacked by zombies. is understandable..that is some sort of the movie 28 days later... but one that doesnt make sense is why the goverment want to test the ppl for invasion of zombies while ppl though it was a nuclear explosion ? what's the point and when the two character were shot dead, it mean they failed... are they suppose to greet the zombies ?? or mybe the agents are under influence of zombies .. i dont know.. there must be a reason ... or else it 'will' be a comedy, laughed from behind..
}}}{{{{
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

iv always wanted to make a movie that ended in midsentence, but without suspense or sanything, jus ended abruptly, not even faded just cut maybe you could do that in this movie, the guys try to escape they are shot then it cuts all of a sudden to credits!
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

naflish wrote:in the second movie... the point when the two characters went out from hiding and to their surprised, the world is attacked by zombies. is understandable..that is some sort of the movie 28 days later... but one that doesnt make sense is why the goverment want to test the ppl for invasion of zombies while ppl though it was a nuclear explosion ? what's the point and when the two character were shot dead, it mean they failed... are they suppose to greet the zombies ?? or mybe the agents are under influence of zombies .. i dont know.. there must be a reason ... or else it 'will' be a comedy, laughed from behind..
The point was that the gov't used these two guys as test subjects for what would happen if there was a zombie outbreak. They used the fake nuclear attack for two reasons: one, because they wanted to see how long a person, or in this case persons, would stay in hiding. The second reason wasn't neccessarily the gov't. They saw strange things happen (which actuelly was the gov't introducing the virus intot he town) and took cover.

To answer your question about why they'd shoot them. This would be because they're done with them, and would probably leak what the gov't did to the town to the rest of the country.

I start filming the zombie film in a month or so. A couple of my friends and I are taking this film making course, and once it's done (it's only a day long), we can use all this brand new, top of the line equipment. My only problem is that I have to find a lot of actors to play the role of zombies, and get my hands on more weapons I can use.

And to keep this topic going, here's a plot twist that my friend came up with, who's helping me with the script: the main character's paranoid friendn is actuelly an undercover gov't agent, who kills the main character in the end. But in the last minute or so, the agent gets scratched and doesn't realize it until he spreads it outside the containted area . . .