New skit, Pack of Gum..ANOTHER NEW SKIT TOO!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Skitz-O-Phrenia

New skit, Pack of Gum..ANOTHER NEW SKIT TOO!

Post by Skitz-O-Phrenia »

Pack Of guM 8.5 min 23.5mb

Here is the new skit
Copperhead 12:48 32.7mb
Last edited by Skitz-O-Phrenia on Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: New skit, Pack of Gum

Post by lethelgirth87 »

Pretty weird dude, pretty weird....but I'm a fan. Can I have a pack of gum?
"Prolly Just Film"
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: New skit, Pack of Gum

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

hmmm you remind me of someone....
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

The transformation reminded me of Ash in Army of Darkness, when you were trying to "blow up the background" the first time you were trying to do it fast but didn't come out that well. What you could have done was do it slow so it would be very accurate then just speed it up. Who was that kid you were working with?... Screech from Saved By the Bell? LOL, his actions reminded me of him. This movie is semi-dark in the beginning and I liked the music in the beginning. I liked the camera angles except when he was punching you you could have jerked the cam to the right and gone back to him in view. I wonder what your neighbors thought seein that guy with tight pants in the backyard and with you and a video cam with a rifle on your roof... Even though this movie had no theme it was good. So which char. was you??

I just tried out that pole trick a couple days ago that you did, A small black line went up the middle of the screen. I'm watching Pink Biker, Sam Raimi does that camera transition alot when the biker went through the cam and out the other side, I am a fan of that tran too.

And that guy with the blonde fro reminds me of that stong guy (Arty??) from Pete and Pete. You guys are friggin weird.
ChemicalShaman

Post by ChemicalShaman »

Ok I watched this movie a few days ago and basically I LOVE this f*** movie. Totally awesome work there dude.

Up untill about 3/4 of the way through I was going to get on here and make a post about how awesome it is to finally see a movie put up here by an american that itsn't about guns and shooting eachother. Heh, then the guns come out a blazing :)

I understand you probably wanted to work on some muzzle flashes and it didn't spoil the movie or anything, the whole movie was pretty f*** cool and definately right up my alley.

Can anyone tell me how to do the effect that's at about 2:32 where basically it appears the character is moving towards the camera while the background is moving away from the camera? Any tutorials around?

Really great work dude

CS
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

ChemicalShaman wrote: Can anyone tell me how to do the effect that's at about 2:32 where basically it appears the character is moving towards the camera while the background is moving away from the camera? Any tutorials around?
Zoom in while moving the camera backwards, or vice versa.
"Prolly Just Film"
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

ooh yes, what a wonderful camera trick. as seen in various spots of the Lord of the Rings trilogy...very nice
Skitz-O-Phrenia

thanks guys, we appreciate it. I am not in this skit. Im in others...Im the fat shaved head guy. Im compressing a new skit to wmv right now and it should be up in about 20 min or so. Im in it, it is called COPPERHEAD. it is in the top three skits in my book!
Skitz-O-Phrenia

ChemicalShaman wrote:Can anyone tell me how to do the effect that's at about 2:32 where basically it appears the character is moving towards the camera while the background is moving away from the camera? Any tutorials around?
CS
like stated above it is just zooming in while moving the camera backwards. the key is to get the zoom and camera speed the same. its not too bad once you get to know your cameras zoom speeds...

*edit*
Here is the new skit
Copperhead 12:48 32.7mb
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

The pack of gum is quite funny and pretty wierd. I thought it was funny the way the guns appeared from no-where. Kepp up the good work. I still need to see copperhead
Skitz-O-Phrenia

Thanks man, let me know what yo think of copperhead
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

The sword in the air is funny, whered you get that knife? Is it real? Setting up the shine to the knife was good. "I wasn't always bald" LOL Was that really your hair? Did you shave it for the movie? Good ending, did it say skits ending now?
=JDL=

Post by =JDL= »

Both films where pretty good i thot. In copperhead i liked the blood work and how you added in some pink floyd and the theme to The Shining. Keep em comin.
Skitz-O-Phrenia

thanks again guys.

Ya that was my hair, I was sick of growing it out and wanted to shave it so we came up with that idea, "copperhead". The ending said, "The End, www.skitstv.com"