a reversed love drama

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

what do u think?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:27 am

just plain,overused idea
No votes
its ok... seen this before
No votes
this is just weird, hard to understand idea
33%
its good, but need more wow factor
33%
this is great, but a lil' bit too complicated
No votes
none of the above- it doesn matter, just shoot it!
33%

Total votes: 3

naflish

a reversed love drama

Post by naflish »

ok guys..i'm new here and just started playing with the camera..so lots of stuff need to learn..but anyway, i got an idea that need your opinions

ok here it goes..

a love story goes upside down, the guy doesnt like the girl anymore (because of things happen between them earlier on) but didnt have the gut to tell her..so he go set-up with a group of friends to sabotage their relationship (like doing some rediculous, embarassing thing that in the end make it like the guy's fault) the idea is to make the girl hate the guy so much that she insist to break up.

but then, the girl also dont want to tell the guy just like that she want to break up, she's too much in love that she cant do it. so instead, she set up her own group (maybe the same group offer their service,that will be a humorous moment) and let the group do things that make the guy hate her (in the first place!, so this is kinda weird flash-back thingy i try to figure out)

so in the end, the guy realise that its not the girl's fault of what have happen, its his doing of setting up the group that makes the girl do the same thing.. so both of them realise that they are meant to be together and the groups (their friends) doing just tighten up their relationship..

the end... can u "really" understand the story ??

i really appreciate your opinions/ suggestions/ whatever idea u want to add up.. thanxx!!
}}}{{{{
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: a reversed love drama

Post by Mr.Anderson »

gee, im kinda having trouble understanding. from what im getting it sounds ok, stuff like that has been done before in romance comedies alot, although i guess a romance comedy does seem like what your aiming to make. i think the best thing to do, is to focus more on the comedy part of the film and not so much the romance. When romance/comedies focus more on the romance part, the jokes end up kind of forced, and cutesy, not really all that funny. so i think if you throw in a few good comedic moments(the girl using the same group has some good possiblity) it could turn out to be really good. Thats a good sort of movie to start out on to by the way, no big special effects or anything, just focuses more on characters and acting. Nice way to get used to the camera and film making.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
naflish

Post by naflish »

what part didnt u understand?
i figured it out to make it starts from the middle of the story
when the girl going to ask the group to sabotage her relationship, what the group doing is the same tactic that they employed to the girl when the guy asked them at the first place. but focusing more on the guy, the guy feels weird coz alot of these "unfortunate events" kinda dejavu'

so its kinda the story starts from the middle, and goes to the end (the girl part) and at the same time, flash back to how it happen in the beginning.(the guy part)

now how does it look like ?
}}}{{{{
naflish

Post by naflish »

anyway.. if u guys dont understand whatthe hell i'm talking here.. just suggest to me what would u and your friends do to
sabotage a couple (suggest an event, etc,u cut off some wires in their car that when halfway on the road, the car stopped with no reason. so its not the guy fault, but the girl very angry with what happened.... things like that ) .. thanx 4 your contributions.. :P
Last edited by naflish on Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
}}}{{{{
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

ok, i think i get this now, they both asked the group to sabotage their relationship at the same time?
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

I think its wicked, by trying to sabotage each their relationship they realize that they love each otehr, strange but very original in my opinion, its good, i suggest you go ahead and write it up then shoot it cuz i think itll do good, or at least be original which is so hard these days.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
naflish

Post by naflish »

Mr.Anderson wrote:ok, i think i get this now, they both asked the group to sabotage their relationship at the same time?
not quite... its more like a memento style... but i think your idea is more fun to work on...kinda cheesy.. hmmm.
}}}{{{{
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

well whatever, sounds like it should be fun either way, good luck to you.

-- Stanley Kubrick