Script/movie idea

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

iffertizzle

Script/movie idea

Post by iffertizzle »

I have an idea for a short movie that I am about to write a script for, it will be my first script and I just want to get your opinions on the idea. I know it's not original and has some cliches but here it is anyway.

The movie will focus on one character, a mid 20 something male who is a drug addict and his life is ****, the story will be told from his narration and his history will be told in flashbacks while he is sitting in his apartment wondering what went wrong with his life.

How does that idea sound? I will begin writing the script very soon, I don't plan on filming it, I just wanted to practice screenwriting.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Script/movie idea

Post by Mr.Anderson »

sounds good, one idea would be to begin with him actually buying some drugs and when he goes back to his apartment he just looks at the stuff he bought, and he could have a flashback to the first time he did/bought drugs, and just kinda go from there showing each of his bad decisions and how they affected his life. But i think you should try to film it, i think it sounds good.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
theChad

Post by theChad »

That would make for killer tranistions. If everything was connected.
So say he drops the drugs on the table and you come up and it's the first time he's doing it. Then the scene changes and say, he's in the kitchen or something grabbing food, and that second behind the fridge door is when he changes from the past to the present.

I don't know if that makes as much sense as it does in my head.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya its been done but that doesnt mean anything, its hard to be perfectly original but the idea is good, perhaps he could start wondering what went wrong with his life after somethin happens (like a drug dealer nearly beats him or someone he cares nearly to death) godo idea, post ur script wen uv wrote it.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Here's a tip to remember...

Don't create something you think everybody else will like. Create what you like.

George Lucas is one of the most famous people on earth because he did things his way.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya thats very true, God i hate all these new hollywood movies that are so unoriginal and not artistic jus so that they could make money, there havent been to many artistic films lately that hav seen and enjoyed, 'cept maybe Hero...
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch