Best Low Budget Camera

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

XeFx309

Best Low Budget Camera

Post by XeFx309 »

I heard stuff about Canon GL2. How is that better?
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Best Low Budget Camera

Post by BrownCowStudios »

How is it better than consumer cameras?

Three chips, full manual iris, shutter, and white balance, manual audio control, optical image stabilization, L-series fluorite lens, manual picture adjustment, zebra pattern, color bars, clear scan, etc.

Though, if you're thinking about buying a GL2, it's probably not the best choice at this point in time. Being a few years old, it risks being outdated relatively quickly. You can get a great deal on it now though ($1750 after rebate at B&H). It's your call.
Erm... yeah...
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Depends on what youre wanting to do with it, certain camcorders handle somethings better than others, and vise versa.

Take what BrownCowStudios said about the GL2, and compare that with the Specs of other camcorders you're considering.
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

sony DCR-VX2100 are nice i think you can pick one up cheaper.
I prefer the new High Definition cameras or an canon XL2
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

The VX2100 will run around $2,300 at most reputable dealers, making it about $500 more expensive than the GL2. If you can afford the XL2, then there is no point in looking at a GL2. Honestly though, unless you absolutely need the interchangeable lens system, true 16:9, and the reach of a 20x lens, then there is no real advantage to having the XL2 over the DVX100A.

Honestly, I'm not jumping up and down over the new HDV camcorders. The technology just isn't there, and the format isn't embraced quite enough to bring prices down. Not to mention delivery (I guarantee at least 75% of homes worldwide still have only SD television sets, myself included). Once prices come down, and HD is embraced, then it'll be time to move over to HD. Before then, you're taking a risk on new technology.
Erm... yeah...
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

im not saying i can afford those cameras, nor they are cheap but I would like to get one in the near future. and they are top quality camera in my opinion. Currently I have a sony handy cam dcr-hc40 its a good camera but it not as nice as the one i want.