Prelim opening sequence for my apocalypse film online

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Prelim opening sequence for my apocalypse film online

Post by SgtPadrino »

The other day I went out and shot some more test footage before we actually start filming the first few scenes, to basically just come up with an opening sequence that outlines what the first half hour of the film is going to be like. The clip is about ten minutes long, and once again uses a song from Godspeed You Black Emporer. Download here.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Prelim opening sequence for my apocalypse film online

Post by SgtPadrino »

I don't know why, but getting any kind of feedback here is like pulling teeth...
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well its a bit long, the first part before the stock footage, was some interesting imagry, but could have gone for a tripod. The file footage worked very well, had a good feel to it. And the last part was giving me a good feeling of the setting right up untill that train point then I just lost interest. If this is the opening I am guessing some credits will be going here as well right? Through out the whole thing I have exspected to see zombies walking around, but that is probably just conditioning. On a whole if it was just a little shorter, then you would have an interesing opening sequence on your hands.
theChad

Post by theChad »

I can't see it. I'm missing a codec...which is lame.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Go to www.divx.com to download it.

The train part is just a basic outline of a much larger scene - the first character introduced develops severe schizophrenia throughout the entire film, but the first evidence of this is when he hears the sound of a train - he goes to where he hears it, which happens to be a bunch of abandoned train cars and the sound immediately vanishes. Again this clip is just an outline of the full opening sequence, so there's still a few more shots I need to grab before actually making the titles, but the first five minutes of the clip is pretty much what it's going to look like (I am planning on tightening it up and shortening it though)
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

i thought that looked pretty friggin beautiful if you ask me, i like it alot....
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Very nice landscapes and locations. Rythm of cuts and in general way to slow IMHO. Neverless very dense atmosphere. I'd use a dramatisation curve to get the peak in the finale.
theChad

Post by theChad »

I just saw it. very cool. the beginning was my favorite.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
Faldor

Post by Faldor »

havent checked them yet, but will when i get home

which godspeed tracks?
"I know you're gonna be right, and you haven't even said anything yet! Oh there you go...I was too slow with this reply, but I still agree with you" - Ornsack
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Thanks for all the feedback. I only used one song - Dead Flag Blues, even though I skipped the third and fifth movements.