MAGIX anyone?

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

MAGIX anyone?

Post by jcdenton »

Am I the only one on this board who's using MAGIX Movie editor? Can't believe it since many test have shown that it's excellent value for the price. Although I agree, the GUI is a bit buggy. But unlike Premiere, I never had a real Crash with it. The Buggyness of the GUI (gfx user interface) is something that may become more and more obvious after a long time of editng, so in this case all you have to do is saving the project, quit MAGIX, restart it and go on Editing. Of course, I still hope they gonna fix it the sooner or the later.

It's a cool Editor, its intuitive drag'n'drop and tooltip features usually never force you to read the help files at all. If there just would be a rock solid GUI, but hey - all in all it's top stuff.

Uh, back on topic - any other MAGIX users around?
WeirdEars

RE: MAGIX anyone?

Post by WeirdEars »

I used to use it, but I upgraded to Premiere...
'Allo! It's me, The Head!

PLEASE RATE MY AVATAR!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I've never experienced a real Crash with Premiere. It has locked up a couple time before, but I was doing some whacky cross-rendering across three network drives. lol It wasn't Adobe's fault! :D
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Well this happened with Premiere 5 on a system that had a lot of software installed. Of course, Premiere is better. But the price diffrence is bigger than the value diffrence IMHO.

Support kind of sucks with MAGIX. lately i wrote something in their forum, about a bugous behaviour in the user interface. You know what they told me? Buy a new Graphics Card, a new OS and a new Computer - lol. Tho on the box they say min. System requirements are Win 98, 64 MB Ram, 4 MB "SVGA" Graphics Cards... Well I got a 2.2GHz puter with 640 Megs and a Radeon 9200se Card. Not high end, but surely better than the Minimum requirement.

Anyway. for the price MAGIX is ok. I've got to live with the bugs and use the goodies.
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

Yea I use MAGIX too
Visits? That would indicate visitors!
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Cool. I used to read somewhere MAGIX sucks when you have opened lot's of movie files in the timeline - is that true? (I didn't do anything complex so far, but curretly I am working on a real movie (well, 20 minutes or so, but a lot of material)).

Did you make anything complex using MAGIX yet?
iCEbLuEORbitZ

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

the only crashes i've ever had w/ premeire is when i was recording and the way i had my soundcard hooked up to my sound system, i didnt turn on the right settings so it kept crashing and closing until i figured it out. but thats all the trouble i've evver had. i've used magic dj stuff but i dont like it, but i've never tried the video software. i like premeire tho so i'm gonna stick with it.