Into the Garden

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

UnkindSky

Into the Garden

Post by UnkindSky »

I am thinking about making a movie about Operation Market Garden in WWII. The basic idea is that we follow a platoon, and that are stuck right on the front of the German counter attack, and they have to survive the full frontal of the counter attack and get back to their company before all of the units pull out. I really need a cast, props (inexpensive), uniforms (really inexpensive), and some script ideas. If you have any of these just email me or what ever.

Thanks,
UnkindSky over and out
Last edited by UnkindSky on Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Into the Garden

Post by Almondo99 »

Into the Garden is a really good idea for a title, although it might throw some people off with the garden part.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
XhuntedoverlordX

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

Yo Sky! I'll be in it. What kind of weapons do you need? If you tell me I can try to draw some schematics (similar to the AK-47 tutorial on this website) for your stuff. Later, talk to you in Myers' class.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Thanks Almondo ^^. But i need weapons perferable deactivated ones that fire blanks.. I need M1 Grande (4 of em), M1A1 Thomson(2), M1A1 Carbine (Folding paratrooper stock,3), Cold M1911 .45 cal(4), Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR,3), Pinapple Grenades (american standard issue in WWII, 5 deactivated), MP40(3), Kar Mouser 98 (7 of em), Luger (2) (standard issue officer pistol), and a Gewer 43 (just 1 of them)
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

I might need more weapons depending on the amount of cast i have... ill discuss it with hunter
XhuntedoverlordX

Hey sky? I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but blanks are going to run you a few hundred dollars a piece, especially world war 2 styled ones. I think you're better off making fake guns and adding in digital muzzle blasts. Just a suggestion.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

we'll work it out in Myers class... we dont do nething ne way... lol
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

lol, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell you're going to find any of those guns (except for the pistols) for under five hundred dollars a pop. You could get an airsoft Thompson, but that'll still run you up 100 bucks. If you're going to do a WW2 movie of this scale, you're going to need some seriously deep pockets...
XhuntedoverlordX

Hey Sky? Does the G43 need a scope?
chewie

Post by chewie »

Dude, that would be a sweet movie, WW2 movies are so cool.
Scott Haight
Chewie Films
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

BTW SgtPadrino... you can get plenty of em for under 200. And puls if you buy in quantity then it cheaper. I foung a MP40 for $175, its in good condition and fires blanks. But i dont think we'll use blank. If any of yall wanna help out in any possible way... just give me a holla
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

oh, and the Ghewer didnt have a scope. it was a bit like the M1. I mean gas powered and all that. So no.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Ok i found a site here it is.... tell me if yall find a better one... http://www.a2armory.com/luger.html
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

Dude find the EDIT POST button!!! :).
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Yeah, double-posting is bad, but quadruple posting. . .

I'd be interested in seeing your film, UnkindSky--keep us posted!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
justin!butcher

Re: RE: Into the Garden

Post by justin!butcher »

UnkindSky wrote:Thanks Almondo ^^. But i need weapons perferable deactivated ones that fire blanks.. I need M1 Grande (4 of em), M1A1 Thomson(2), M1A1 Carbine (Folding paratrooper stock,3), Cold M1911 .45 cal(4), Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR,3), Pinapple Grenades (american standard issue in WWII, 5 deactivated), MP40(3), Kar Mouser 98 (7 of em), Luger (2) (standard issue officer pistol), and a Gewer 43 (just 1 of them)
wow....i haven never even seen a BAR replica before. but that could be a good thing, becasue, (i might be mistaken) but the only soldiers that fought in operation market garden...where airborne...no BARS.
But it sounds really good, so definitly keep us posted and a trailer eventually would be awsome!
UnkindSky

RE: Re: RE: Into the Garden

Post by UnkindSky »

Airborne troops defenatly had BAR's... Have you ever played BIA or COD or watched Band of Brothers? Man... o well... ill stop quad postting :P
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

I have played those games...and also read biographys written by memeber of the 101st in WWII and they said they didnt have a SINGLE one. W.e, just trying to help
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Hmm.. never saw a single BAR in Band of Brothers, and BIA and COD are just games so I don't trust them to be all that accurate. Besides, just think practically: you're jumping out of an airplane at high speeds and low altitude, and it'd be a little tough to jump with a bigass heavy support weapon.
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

zactly. Its a great idea tho! dont get me wrong.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

dude... im a War adict... they droped BAR's in, but in pods and stuff. Just like with the .30 cals. Just belive me... i kno this stuff like the back of my hand. Right hunter? Lol. But they did have BAR's.

And PS: BIA is VERY accurate (accept with the health thing...) And the glider toops had BAR's. Plenty of em
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

That site that sells the fake guns, they look like cr**!
That one is almost $200! The garand looks pretty nice, I might get one of those.

Also, you will probably go into debt trying to get all those weapons, I mean three BAR's? The real things run for $3,000, probably a few hundred less for deactivited. Alot of these guns will cost you money, unless you know a collector that will lend them to you, and also, gun stores don't let you rent them out either (I asked). So unless your a millionaire, or won the lotto, you might want to tone down on all these weapons, and maybe find some pellet guns that look like the real thing and buy the real magazines and put them in, or make them yourself.

Another thing, you plan on following a whole platoon? Your going to need a bunch of actors, try following a squad around. Then you won't have to start hiring people to be in the movie, also the audinece can get to know the characters much easier.

And Sgt, they did have BAR's in BoB, you don't really see them too much until after the 4th episode then they start to pop up (quite a few in the attack on Foy).
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

uh....yeah dont act like no one else doesnt know WWII like the back of their hand. Your movie tho.
Yeah, Maybe you could do mostly garrands, and get a discount by buying alot of them at one time ?....Would save $$
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

I kno that im not the only one who know alot about WWII!! I am toning down the BAR's to 1. We will get Resin models. They cost (for the BAR's) cost ALOT less. I do have some money... but we might have to resort to fundraisers. And yes... buying in quantity dose cost less. That what I was plainin to do neway. And i still kno i do not kno everything about WWII... but i kno alot. And i was planin on doin mostly Grands neway