Does anyone like making script, if you do click here!!<--

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Do you like making scripts

no
33%
yes
67%

Total votes: 24

smiles906

Does anyone like making script, if you do click here!!<--

Post by smiles906 »

Does anyone like making script?? I sucking making script so i am finding someone who can!! I am looking for a action/comedy film. I have some ideas but it really hard for me to make the script. So can anyone make one for me?? You will be credited in the movie. Please leave a post and a sample script or e-mail me at smiles906@aol.com so we can talk about the movie that you can help me make! :D I will tell you the ideas i have!!
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

I am a script writer before I was anything else. But eveything I write is atleast 90 minutes to 120 minutes long. I can't write anything shorter. The other problem is that after I write them I finally fall in love with the story and what to shoot them myself. Have to many good ideas though.
smiles906

Post by smiles906 »

I need to make the movie long like 30-120 mins! Please help i am unexperience! I have a idea that it needs to be but i need someone to make the dialouge! Please e-mail me if you can make one! smiles906@aol.com
thxs alot
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

I love making scripts, but I dont knof if they are any good... and they tend to turn out quite... er... bloody
You should invite a friend, have a brainstorming and just write down whatever you come ut with. my first"scripts" was two pages long. the last one was 40. just do it for fun, and it`ll come to you
Seen trough a cats eyes, everything belongs to the cat
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

If you don't like making scripts, I advise you get off this site right now.

You keep saying your unexperianced in all your posts. How about instead of asking us how to do everything, you go learn it before making a film? Learn camera shots first, those are your basics and necessities.
Sigs suck a**.
Sebas

Post by Sebas »

mm if you want anyone to help you you have to be more spcific like location, characters etc.

And maybe you don't like script ok, focuson the filmwork then..
Kaas
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, Sebas is right. Why filmmake if your not the one doing the script? I mean come on, you can think of SOMETHING that YOU want to do, and then get help on little things if needed.
Sigs suck a**.
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Go sit in a park or something.

Get away from absolutely everything and sit and close your eyes... where are you now in your mind? Independent of outside interference where does your mind revert to?

It's there that your film should be - just let your mind wander... who is involved? What's their goal? what's stopping them reaching it?

Don't try to write it all at once... I mull my stuff over in my head for months before finishing the script and then spend even longer taking the script apart for single lines that could be better, sew in sub-plots etc.

Basically, god scripts take a looong time so don't fret if u can't just bash them out.

And if ur not prepared 2 give the time u've probably got urself the wwrong hobby:D

cheers,
John
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

I wrote one, but have no idea how to shoot it. Too many crazy ideas in it...
The most important thing is to revise and edit.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

even mroe important is to start very simple, the first script i wrote i wanted it to be a 2 hour movie, and i had a 2 page script...LOL. well my best idea is start small, 30-120 min is very hard, iv made a few movies and theyre still 20 min max,experience is invaluable in making movies, its not somethin you can read a textbook about, it has to be somethin u really love doin, and with practice you will get to where you want to be, also the only tip i could giv u to help write better dialogue in scripts, is make it longer, dun get straight to the point, ex.
MAFIA GUY1
lets go kill frank
MAFIA GUY2
ok
(thats very bad dun get straight to the point, run around it a bit, y kill frank, how to kill frank, etc. also dun hav it run on too long, make it longer but no garbage. Practice makes perfect.
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

I never use scripts, inprovising is best. Makes the actors act more than just reading lines.
Visits? That would indicate visitors!
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Caveman: Yeah, the plotline based on your thoughts method can work. However, it can also scare the living cr** out of everyone else :D. Or is that just my thoughts that do that. . . .

smiles, go pick up a copy of Screenwriting For Dummies. No kidding, and I'm not insulting you either, that's actually quite a good book, even if you just need to learn the "methods" of writing. Eventually you'll develop your own, but Screenwriting For Dummies is a good place to start. Like I said, I'm not insulting you; I own the book, have read it, and still refer to it every now and again (although that's usually for the "technical" stuff in the book that I haven't memorized yet, but it's still a good book!)
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Jason: How do your actors deal with that? i have been thinking about making the dialouge spontinous, but everyone i could think of would just freeze, lol. I imagen you really need good actors for it. Surly if they are acting from the script then they are just acting?
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

they need to know where to end up, so they need to know that for instance in this scene we'll establish that John is dead, (its just an example) and you tell them how to start off and approximately how to get there. For example, ok Bob rememebr that you ned to be angry and start off with screaming "where is john" (Bob and bill are 2 actors) then you go to Bill and say, ok now you need to try to say that John is dead without angering Bob, etc. tell them approximately what needs to be done, and how to start. And not every actor can improvise, so you need to find the right people.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I'll make a script, but I'll hate it because it takes too long and I'm lazy.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

i must say your signtaure, (AKA "...because im lazy") i must say it works with almost everything you say, its like it speaks for you!!! at least have an outline, if not a full blown script
SammyJim

Post by SammyJim »

heheh, i like writin scripts, theyre always so alike though. so corny. i only really do funny ones, lasting 3-10 mins long! and they only have two actors, cos no one else will so we always have to double up, just in a really good disguise.....!
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

crossfire wrote:i must say your signtaure, (AKA "...because im lazy") i must say it works with almost everything you say, its like it speaks for you!!! at least have an outline, if not a full blown script
Yea I know, If it takes more than a few steps I'll quit, lol. But yea, when I do make a script I'll go all out, or not make one. I like to only mess with the two extremes.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

excellent another fellow extremist!
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Alright, you want to go blow up a building or something next week?
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya ok im in, ill bring my fellow extremists too, lol jokes, in case the FBI are monitoring the site, no i am not a terrorist...
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

That was convincing.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

of course