Hollow Point

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hollow Point

Post by Matt »

Hollow Point is available to download. There are 2 WMV files to chose from :

Hollow Point Page

Off into town now for the Premiere and a few beverages :)
Last edited by Matt on Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiegeCentrino

RE: Hollow Point

Post by LiegeCentrino »

Downloading it now...
Ooh, french maid. Didn't expect me home from the whipped cream store so soon did you? And who's your lady friend? - Master Shake, ATHF
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I think I speak for everyone when I say. . .WWWWOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Downloading. . .
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

Wow... I'm downloading!
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Downloading it.............im all excited now
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

not bad dude - best uve done
www.x-21.tk
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

That was so cool mate.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

High quality plays the first 10 seconds and then stops. I'm downloading medium quality now. . .
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

High quality worked for me.

I loved it! Well put together story line, at first I thought the reverse/repetitive story wasn't working very well but it pulled together well in the end. I loved the car chases, excellent camera work. As far as acting, good in alot of parts, decent in some, which brings up how much I liked the variety of characters, excellent.

Another job well done by the king, Matt Hawkins, kudos.
@seanbagley
fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

I watched it and it was great!
I love the Meet the locals movie poster at the car park wall xD
I didn't quite hear what the police boss Kuhan said, but maybe that's because english isnt my native language...
Great work tho, keep it up!
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

cool, freaked me out when the movie started rewinding, i thought i'd done something, obviously it was part of it, good actors,
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

It's about time. It awesome. I liked it a lot. The only thing I didn't like was the sound. Everything was good except for the sound. You should look into investing some money for a shotgun microphone. Most of the dialogue scenes, all I heard was the wind hitting the microphone. Other than that, great job.
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Bloody brilliance. I must admit, I wasn't exactly a fan of GUTS or MTL, but HOLLOW POINT was in a totally different league to them. It's the story that does it. The twists and the turns. I've never seen anything like it in an amateur film before. The structure's superb. I was utterly gripped from beginning to end and when it finished I was left wanting much much more. Well, here are my minor critisisms: the script leaves a little to be desired. It seems quite cliched and a bit clunky. The sound effects weren't the best, but they hardly determine how good or bad a film is.

To summarise (I'm rating these by professional film standards):

Story: 4/5
Structure: 4/5
Directing: 3.5/5
Script: 2.5/5

All in all, I give it 8/10. Damn good. My only worry is that we're gonna have to wait another 5 years for your next flick.
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Very nice Matt,

I was lost at first like the rest when the movie rewound itself, but then the whole first part made sense. Nice little twist in things.
I am more forgiving on sound problems as there were a few with wind, lord knows we have all had that problem. But the one thing I couldnt over look was as I have pictured in the attached photo. It appears that you used Adobe Premeire to edit, some or part of the media you where using for the explosion wasn't available in the final render. I think this should have been caught.
Also if you would like a USA side host for downloading I can upload this and send you a link to pull from. Let me know

Rating 4 out of 5

ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Blade_75

Post by Blade_75 »

Well, I was one of the lucky select few to attend the World premiere screen viewing of Hollow Point. After all the hype that I'd received (from Matt ;o)) I have to say I and the other guests were really impressed. The direction and camera angles, particularly car chase scenes were fantastic and CGI was superb - well done Matt and Adam and the rest of the cast - I know you guys have put a lot of hard work and time into gettin this together -I think it has come on leaps and bounds since GUTS and MTL. The out-takes were hilarious - had the cinema in stiches, great ending to a fantastic eveinging - can't wait for MTL2 - dunno ohw you're gonnna carry the plot through!!!

Well I was lucky enough to win a copy of the DVD - so I'm off to watch it with my wife and 1 week old Son and at only half an hour long week can watch it over and over again!!!

Cheers.
Hitman23

Post by Hitman23 »

Not bad at all. I'll also give it a 4 out 5 I liked the twist it was nice.
Hitman23
www.novaproductionsonline.com
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I highly suggest a soundtrack release!
@seanbagley
Adam

Post by Adam »

ipon70 wrote:Very nice Matt,

I was lost at first like the rest when the movie rewound itself, but then the whole first part made sense. Nice little twist in things.
I am more forgiving on sound problems as there were a few with wind, lord knows we have all had that problem. But the one thing I couldnt over look was as I have pictured in the attached photo. It appears that you used Adobe Premeire to edit, some or part of the media you where using for the explosion wasn't available in the final render. I think this should have been caught.
Also if you would like a USA side host for downloading I can upload this and send you a link to pull from. Let me know
Apologies for the render error, just can never trust matt to do anything HeHe. Allthough he had sent me the links to proof. Be rest a ssured that the two versions will be corrected by the morning.
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Blimey.

Downloading it now....
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Adam wrote:
ipon70 wrote:Very nice Matt,

Apologies for the render error, just can never trust matt to do anything HeHe. Allthough he had sent me the links to proof. Be rest a ssured that the two versions will be corrected by the morning.
Are you guys interested in a USA side host?? I am in Oregon but my hosting is in Texas so its a nice central location, for US downloaders.
Let me know if you are interested
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Damn, damn, damn. Didn't really check the file before I uploaded it :) I blame Adobe Premiere and its bloody offline files. How many times does it want me to tell it where my files are??

Rendering new files now although it is a stupid time in the morning so will have to make sure they are ok before uploading them.

Blade_75 was lucky to win the DVD because he might have won a boring old bottle of wine instead. Although he did miss out on the original Hollow Point fake brick which was up for grabs .....
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

Ok, well, I'm going to review this film the same as I would if it was anybody elses. Ok. Here Goes.

Continuety??? Where was it. I found A LOT of continuety issues in this film which really need to be ironed out. For example, when you had some close ups of some of the guys and then cut back to a long shot, you they seemed to have changed faces, and head direction. Then there was the phone, when he threw it, it landed on the ground. Now it didn't look to me as though he picked it up before he cut back.

Script, overall story was good, some of the lines were a bit iffy however, and seemed like the actors had just improvised the lines and did not feel realistic, over all disconnecting me from the film in parts.

Sound, was pretty good, except in the edit... There was a lot of parts where the sound just jumped back, and should have been faded in or out or mixed so I didn't realise them. Also, the lens cap in some of the car shots. I think your well aware of this probem. The best way to stop the lens cap wacking against the cam mic is to hold it in between your hand and the camera with what ever hand you use to hold it.

Editing, some very rough cuts, and was very noticable in parts (the best editing is when you don't notice it). Quite a few of the shots were a lot longer then they needed to be. So you need to make your cuts quite a bit tighter.

CGI, I personally think amature CGI that you can tell is fake is a no no. Simply because, as amateur film makers you want to try and create a proffesional looking film, and bad CGI such as in this film really makes the film, well amateur.

Acting, overall pretty good, but what was with the helicopter guy? He had no energy. Normally in a police chase they go crazy and scream out all the stuff that they say. This guy just sounded like he was in bed sleeping when he was saying it.

Wounds and gun shots, hmmmm, I think the guy that got shot in the head got off pretty lightely... The bullet didn't even enter his head. Hint, you can buy/make fake skin that can give the illusion of a bullet entering his head. I think the close ups of all these blood things would have been better as long shots so they didn't look so fake.

Overall, very much your standard amateur film. Some bits looked proffessional, but majority amateur. It had a really good storyline, and the whole time warp thing worked really well (funny, cause I just watch Donnie Darko before I watched this). I think if you ironed out those things that I metioned, you could have a really good film on your hands.

*** 3/5
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

ill DL it when i get home tomorrow
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

"You killed my partner you f*** bastard!"

Vintage stuff. Exceeded my expectations! I really enjoyed it! Well done!
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Having some trouble downloading it...I guess USA Macs don't support module.php.

I have WMP, though.