new explosion idea

Tutorials and guides or links covering software discussed in these forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

for my ignitors i use the graphite leads used in pacers (the pencils that u can refill and are always sharp). For small explosives you can use 2 9V batteries to blow it because the graphite acts as a resistor (like nichrome) and ignites the gunpowder. Really, really cheap but i normally use 2 in case 1 breaks in transport etc.
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

Thanks for the help
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
SickPeople

Post by SickPeople »

I once made a fireplace and put a deodorant can in the middle. It took about five minutes and the deodorant can exploded and flew about 5 metres high in the air. It was kinda cool. But i don't recommend this to anyone, because it might explode on you or something...
Jin.of.hilarity.films.co

been there done that

Post by Jin.of.hilarity.films.co »

rankz wrote:wot would happen if you taped a firecracker to a deodrant can?
well unless the first bang punctures the can then not much usually because the can is pressurized it is made out of a higher strenth aluminium you would need one massive fire cracker for that and even if you did puncture is all you would get is a flamethrower flame which really wont give a good effect you would want the can to explode realy and to do that you need the spark or what ever ignites it to happen inside the can.

Heres my method with big bangs is consists of and old oil drum petrol and thermite or possible some electrical wires fill the oil drum with petrol not to the top though cut a small hole into the lid enough so you can seal it with a cork (several holes work well ) there are 2 reasons for the hole
1) to let petrol vapour release while you weld it close with flux and b/torch (yes you heard me remember not to heat for too long as you will be SCREWED if it ignites not just because your standing next to it because thats why the hole was there as thats where it should spew the flames but because you will need to get another drum and more petrol)
2) so that you can run your elctrical wire through the hole
Instead of welding you could just seal it with ALOT of tape and i mean alot

TO IGNITE:
thermite is used to melt metal when you have broken rail tracks you will need alot because thermite wont just ignite with an electrical charge or a lighter it has to be ignited with a blowtorch (it needs high heat temp to ignite) from a large distance ( the begining of the thermite trail should be about 10 metres from the drum and your blowtorch at the end of the pole should be at the end of an 150 cm pole or wooden thinga this gives you enough time to run for cover. remember the rim of the bottom drum must stay in contact with the drum this is a good way to ignite when you have a scene where you see your character ignite the drum.

Or

You can make a hole in the cork just enough to squeeze the electrical wires through seal it from the top of the cork make sure the wires are far enough to make a spark connect to a decent power source. (we usually use my car but when we tested it i locked my keys inside it and it took me 2 hrs and 26 mins to pick the lock.) then KABLAMO a good tip is
dig a hole out under it to make it look like its blown half the ground out or build a metal entension on top of the lid to make it look like a big drum and pack it with compost or soil.

it has only been tested once and it helps if you do it on private land with the owners permission

YOU MAY ALSO REQUIRE A FEW FIRE EXTINGUISHERS IN THEORY MOST THE PETROL SHOULD HAVE BURNED OUT BUT SOME STILL WILL REMAIN IT ALSO HELPS IF YOU DONT DO THIS IN DRY GRASS. REMEMBER THIS HAS ONLY BE TESTED ONCE SO DO THIS WITH CAUTION AND SAFELY.
monkey

Post by monkey »

just carve out a hole in a watermellon, and fill it with gasoline. then put a fuse into it and wham, a nice mushroom explosion.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I s'pose next you're going to say we should start using live grenades in our movies?
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Post a movie someone!!!!!