Trick'd Out: First Teaser Trailer

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Trick'd Out: First Teaser Trailer

Post by OutcastJiob »

Hey everybody. I've uploaded a "teaser trailer" of the comedy film I'm working on, Trick'd Out.

I need to go on the record, however, as saying that I'm unhappy with this trailer, and that I'm only posting it at David's insistence.

I'll shut up and give the link now:

--EDIT: Trailer pulled back offline, many thanks to everyone who critiqued it, I promise the next thing you see relating to this project will be a huge improvement--

Let me know what you think, please? And please feel free to point out anything and everything that's wrong. (I already know that it tells us basically nothing about the storyline of the film)

Come to think of it, it may be better for you to watch this just as a "clip" from the movie as opposed to a teaser trailer, since it's just a single scene.

Okay, I'm really done rambling now.
Last edited by OutcastJiob on Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
technojunkie

good start

Post by technojunkie »

[/color
nice teaser! you guys are fun to watch. you might want to improve the sound quality a bit, and i would like to see some clips from the movie as well. as far as editing goes, the transitions were smooth, and the color was good. keep working, and be optimistic, for crying out loud!
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

wasn't able to see the teaser... but quick comment. Since when were teaser trailers suppose to tell the storyline?.... the point of a teaser is to tease you, not tell a story. The best teaser I've seen was for the movie Armagedon. not the trailer but the teaser. You just see this big astroid coming towards earth and it says something about a billion years ago a astroid hit earth and killed the dinoasours and now one is heading towards earth and that's the end. Gives you basically, nothing except and astroid heading towards earth.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Thanks for the support, technojunkie. I'm working on a solution for the audio--the crappy quality was a result of using flexible PVC as a boom for the mic. And the crackling when we yell at the end was because I had the input volume up too loud on my recording system (a laptop running Audacity).

Oh, and I'm pessimistic about it because I try to be as critical of my own work as I possibly can; that way, I end up putting a lot more effort into it, and it turns out better. (In my experience, anyway). Plus I don't like getting people's expectations up and then disappointing them with less-than-great films. So you probably have to take anything I say about my films with a grain of salt :D. Thanks again for the feedback.

Hmm, good point crb. You're right. I guess this is an okay teaser then ^_^

EDIT: Sixty views of this thread and only one person left feedback? C'mon guys! I need more comments to see how I'm doing here!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Sebas

Post by Sebas »

downloading movie

comment later :P
Sebas

Post by Sebas »

Watched it :)

I like that you put the "approved for all audiences" thing before starting. I couldn't really hear to much but i like the way you played so that was a plus point. the negative is i still dont have a clue what the film is about.. probably because i can't understand what your saying..(gotta fix my sound)

Anyway nice teaser and good job :)
technojunkie

Post by technojunkie »

i agree! i really liked the "approved for all audiences" thing. it made it look professional and like you really cared what people thought. OutcastJiob, i understand that you want it to be the best. i'm glad you push yourself, and i'm glad you posted the teaser for us to comment on. keep it up!
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Trick'd Out

Post by Clarence »

From sonnyboo's site. :D
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

ya wanna know why no one is watching it? cause its 35 frickin megabytes just for a teaser!!!! that's rediculous! most entire films online are not even that big! i am not gonna download a 35 meg teaser. change the compression and make it less than 5 megs and i'll consider it.
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by John Groshko »

Yeah that file size is huge for a trailer.

Well I just watched it; and to tell you the truth, I didn't think the trailer was very good at all.
It was far to drawn-out and boring. All the cuts in the trailer lasted WAY too long. And the triler had no point to it (maybe cause it's just a scene from your film).
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

ya wanna know why no one is watching it? cause its 35 frickin megabytes just for a teaser!!!! that's rediculous! most entire films online are not even that big! i am not gonna download a 35 meg teaser. change the compression and make it less than 5 megs and i'll consider it.
Okay, yeah, you've got a very good point. My problem is I know nothing, quite literally, about what codec and compression I should be using. I'm going to go do a wee bit of research on that and get a smaller version up.

Sebas, technojunkie, thanks for the support, I appreciate it a lot :)
Well I just watched it; and to tell you the truth, I didn't think the trailer was very good at all.
It was far to drawn-out and boring. All the cuts in the trailer lasted WAY too long. And the triler had no point to it (maybe cause it's just a scene from your film).
Thanks for the honest opinion man, I really do appreciate "negative" yet constructive feedback like yours (telling me exactly what's wrong so I can work on it, I mean). You're 100% right on all the points you raised, and you can be sure I'll keep your comments in mind while writing, setting up shots, and filming.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

ARRG! It stopped at 16 min. and went back to the beginning! It was getting really good, too...:)

Well, for the part that I did see, I loved it. Awesome work; I'm certainly going to buy the DVD. The cuts were perfect, the dolly and panning shots were great and it was really well layed out and paced.

I canf't wait to see the rest.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Clarence, I think you got threads crossed?
chewie

Post by chewie »

Dude it was alright, but you got to work on it. cant wait to see it though it sounds interesting. :lolsign:
Scott Haight
Chewie Films
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Oh! Huh, I thought I posted that in 6 Feet Under's movie thread.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Hmmmmmmm, I got no clue what I just watched.

To Summarize: Two guys walk out of a house, argue about who drives, start the car....fudge berries.

Honestly I have absolutely no idea what that movie is going to be about from the trailer. Maybe show some more scenes then cut them together with some narrative, or something like that.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Well ipon, that's why I was anxious about posting this--it really doesn't show anything about the film, you're absolutely right.

I've gotten enough feedback now (thanks guys), so I'm gonna go ahead and pull this back offline. I promise the next thing I show you guys relating to this film will actually be good.

Thanks for the criticism and support, I really do appreciate it. You'll be seeing some (hopefully) much better material from this project in the future, and I won't bore you with anything that sucks, I promise.
BlakJakDavy

Post by BlakJakDavy »

Yeah, definately thanks for the feedback...This is the first major project Outcast and I are attempting, and we are glad we can get the rang of opinions we did.

About the sound - I think we forgot to turn the mic boost on which is why it may have been hard for you to hear, sorry about that, we are atill perfecting our technique.

Thanks again for your help!