Torture scene

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Asbjørn

Torture scene

Post by Asbjørn »

I`m planning to make a sceene where the actor is beeing tortured with chemicals by injection - Any tips for what I can do?
(- I mean, I really dont feel like trying to inject water or other liquids into my best friend... ) So, what effects should i use? - fake skin and a platic tube or something like that?

- And do you have any tips for how to "act the pain"?
Seen trough a cats eyes, everything belongs to the cat
Passit

Post by Passit »

It all depends on how graphic you want it to be. It would be enough to show the torturer draw the chemical with the syringe, do the classic ‘flick the needle’ shot (i.e. the torturer holds up the syringe, deploys a little of the chemical and then flicks the needle as focus switches from the torturers face to the syringe). You could then show him roll up the sleeve of the poor chap and go to jab him and at this point cut to a close up of the tortured guys face firstly jolting with eyes widening and taking a sudden intake of breath then grimacing with pain. You could also incorporate a close up of the syringe being plunged without showing the needle. To make it seem even grittier I would probably do a bit of hand held camera work – especially for the close up of the actor in pain.
'Pain is temporary, film is forever'
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Put the heating way up, get your actor sweating and have him tense all over and get veins popping up all over his arms and everywhere. Sounds fun - make sure you post it when you're done
WeirdEars

Post by WeirdEars »

What about using one of those syringes you get in science labs/lessons? Fill it with water with food colouring in it and viola!
'Allo! It's me, The Head!

PLEASE RATE MY AVATAR!
Grant

Post by Grant »

massive muscle contortions would look great. Have the victim topless to see the muscles react. Also have the actor under some sort of real minor discomfort
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

TIP ON ACTING: To look graphic have him dribble, and shake like theres no tommorrow. If your doing a over 18's film have him swear every like 2 seconds dropping f-bombs and stuff. Thats what he should do to act.
Visits? That would indicate visitors!
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

You shouldn't have him shake like crazy, that will just look dumb........ You could have him shake a little bit once you inject the stuff and maybe even less before hand. Also ONCE you in ject him he should SCREAM like crazy.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

Thanks for alle the tips.
I dunno if/ when I`ll be able to do this tough. - I need to rent a hut to get the right location, and people arent willing to pay... (for the hut, the food and the equipment) and I guess I understand since we`re amateurs...

Anyway, thanks for the help. I`ll let Y know if I get to make it some day.

8)
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

If anyone from Britain reads this, and they watch Coronation Street - forced to by the misses - then you will know the Katie killing her dad scene shaking and twitching too much is bad. She annoyed me every time she was on the screen. It was cr**. But, the woman playing her mother was very convincing at playing upset.

With this scene of yours, it does depend on how much physical, and mental punishment he has been through when we get to the injection part. If he is fresh then he will still be pleading, swearing, attempting to get himself out of this situation. Where if he has been there for a while, and he has been beaten, and tortured to a degree, then he will be drained from the pain and bleeding. He will plead and cry, and even struggle when the man comes near him, and maybe swear and spit through blood.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

You could find like some kind of tan rubber tape a bag of blood to the bottom, then have a close up of the needle going in, and when the needle comes out it will be all bloody and it might have some of it come out of the wound.

Just a thought.
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

considering Im related to a nurse and the head of a blood bank, I know most injections dont make much blood. What they do make, though, is limpness :P

for muscle contractions ect. why not jus get a muscle toning kit? they do exactly the same jobwithout the lethal ness of injecting your friends with spasm inducing chemicals :P
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

You should try to lightly paint or spray his arm with a sickly greyish color, then have his arm hang limp. Good idea with the muscle toning kit.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

Er. - I`m kinda new at this... - what is a muscle toning kit?
Seen trough a cats eyes, everything belongs to the cat
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Well, there a lot of different kinds........... Some help to build up your muscles, some can make them go limp, stiff, etc.........
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

Ah.. I C... but wont that affects my actors after the filming bit too? Not tu sure i want to do that. gotta find more info on it first..
thanks for the tip anyway
Grant

Post by Grant »

it is sold as a "get toned quick" kit. I don't think there is any real evidence that it works though lol. Shoul dbe safe is sold so much to the public. Just don't act as bad as they do using it on the "Jackass" movie lol. It is an extra expense though. Yucan easily fake muscle spasms
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

Ok. I guess I`ll just ask them to act then.. we are on a VERY strict budget so we need so save whatever money we can. But thaks for the help
Sebas

Post by Sebas »

Throw some stuff on him suggesting it's a burning chemical liquid and make him scream
Kaas
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

I was just watchin Tears of the Sun and they throw chemicals on one guy. It looks like lightly tinted water.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Just show a close up the plunger being pushed down, don't actually show it being injected into the guy. Then get a good reaction on the next shot and it should look great.
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Awesome Idea!
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

sick.
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

(Good to see that I`m not the only person with a twisted fantasy...)
But: If I thorw "acid" at my actor then he`d still have to put on loads of make- up afterwards. - the person is supposed to be in the whole movie, and the sceene is in the middle of it...
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

Yep, put some good music to it and it should be good enough.
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I thought The Cell had some rather innovative means of torturing. Although I found the movie iteself, a little choppy. It had some neat special effects. Lethal injection is typically a pretty quick and relatively painless death, hence they use it today.