Max Payne Amateur Film

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

JKEPS

Max Payne Amateur Film

Post by JKEPS »

I was thinking. What if, someone(me) did a film based on Max payne. Nothing to lose would be the title. Give me your feedback on it. You you be interested?
CaptainAmerica

RE: Max Payne Amateur Film

Post by CaptainAmerica »

That would be a cool movie, one drawback it would be hard. If you could do it that would be great, if you are thinking to do one you should do it.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
JKEPS

Post by JKEPS »

I was thinking about it. I'm getting the script ready and everything. But based on the game, I'm not past Roscoe Street Station. If you have ever played it.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

I've played the games
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
JKEPS

MP

Post by JKEPS »

I'd have to work Day in and Day out to finish that Script.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: MP

Post by Kentertainment »

I think it'd be fun to make it but personally I think coming up with original ideas for movies is the best way to do something. Flmmakers are practically filmmakers because they're so imaginative and know how they want to tell a story. I know this post is going to come back to me someday and kick me in the crotch when I make a Star Wars fanfilm or something.

This is your own personal decision so do whatever you want.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

This has already been done. You can find the film here:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film ... 91,00.html

It is quite spectacular!
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I was going to mention Max Payne: Hero. But it looks like I've been beaten to it! :)
Erm... yeah...
Bugalicious

Post by Bugalicious »

I wouldn't recommend a Max Payne fan film. A movie based on a similar idea would be good. Any time you attach a name to a movie, you set peoples standards up. And besides, the idea of a renegade cop isn't all that original these days, but if you put your own spin on it (like 3d realms did with mp) then it could be good. I've played both games and loved the atmosphere of them, so if you included only that in your film then I'd probably enjoy it.
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

That was an awsome movie man!! Do what your gonna do jkeps!! Im doing a game based fan film, and i am working hard to prep for it. Even if my other films sucked im not gonna give up on this one. Its gonna be everything I WANT it to be. ill have difficulty getting some of the spaces i need to get like hallways and stuff. but thats not too bad, so keep on doing work on your fan film and let us all know how well it goes.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Fan Films are a waste of time in my eyes, but do as you wish.
Erm... yeah...
JKEPS

Post by JKEPS »

Thanks for the support....I guess...
hmbtnguy

Post by hmbtnguy »

That was a pretty amazing shoot out scene, except not very well choreographed... but the effects were nice.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Max Payne 1 and 2 give a lot of good material to base a movie off of. It would be hard, big city, cops, bullet time...
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: MP

Post by rep22 »

BrownCowStudios wrote:Fan Films are a waste of time in my eyes, but do as you wish.
Do you like bringing people down?

I think it would be a great idea, if you feel you have a good enough idea of how you wanna accomplish some of the cool effects in the game. I say go for it, and keep us posted on your progress!
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

BrownCowStudios wrote:Fan Films are a waste of time in my eyes, but do as you wish.
Many believe as you do, however I think fanfilms can be as creative as any film. Most movies could be said as "fanfilms" of books, seing as how most films are adapted from novels. Even the oscars have an adapted screenplay categoy because of how many films are adapted from something. I believe fanfilms can be used to show appreciation of something you love, by inserting your own creativity into its world.

Just my $0.02.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Most films are based on novels? Sure you're not making a little exaggeration there fella?
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

ALove wrote:
Many believe as you do, however I think fanfilms can be as creative as any film. Most movies could be said as "fanfilms" of books, seing as how most films are adapted from novels. Even the oscars have an adapted screenplay categoy because of how many films are adapted from something. I believe fanfilms can be used to show appreciation of something you love, by inserting your own creativity into its world.

Just my $0.02.
A, BLOODY, MEN, amen man, i totally agrre with that man, it is so true. i wish anyone luck. like you said if you wanna try to get the sfx to do it, then dont play around, freakin go for it.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

SgtPadrino wrote:Most films are based on novels? Sure you're not making a little exaggeration there fella?
Quite a lot are, It is actually surprising. I am not denying there are films that are just creativity on the directors part, for instance, all the star wars films. However, a lot of films are adapted from something nowadays. I do believe though fanfilms often turn into special-FX fests and loose creativity, mimicking the FX they saw in the movie.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

rep22 wrote:Do you like bringing people down?
Yes, I absolutely love it. :roll:

I'm just trying to be honest here. Seriously, where can a fan film get you? I suppose there are a few rare instances in which fan films acheive recognition.

To me, it's just not worth it. I'd rather spend all the money it takes to make a fan film and put it towards an original film. With fan films, you're restricted by what can and can't happen. Let your imagination run wild on an original film. In fan films, costumes, props, sets, etc. must all be accurate, which leads to more costs financially.

Original films just seem more worth while in my eyes, but do as you wish. I'm not telling you what to do. Just providing another viewpoint.
Erm... yeah...
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

I suppose I can understand what you're saying, as far as recognition for it if you're trying to make a big public appearance. And I do apologize for being rather blunt with my comment, I just don't like to see people puttin others down, or making their ideas, that they like, feel inferior to others.

But as far as your idea JKEPS, keep workin on it. I'd like it if you were to post your progress as you go. good luck!
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

rep22 wrote:I just don't like to see people puttin others down, or making their ideas, that they like, feel inferior to others.
I never meant to come across that way. :?
Erm... yeah...
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I do have to provide back up to BrownCow, I am in the same view as him. To me fan films are a rip off..... Filmmaking is fun sure, but it is also art.... when you do a fan film you are using someone elses ideas, you are using someone elses characters, you are using someone elses story. Creativity is the name of the game, not let's rip something off and make something of our own. There are some good fan films out there, I will give that to you.... The cinematography in the Max Payne flick is great, but the filmmaker still doesn't have any sort of creative edge beyond that. The point is, filmmaking is a creative venture, you may write the script but it still isn't yours.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

but everyone is inspired by someone else, thats how the world works out, you know? I am not gonna jump in to this argument to cause i got other problems to attend to.
-"V" for Vendetta
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Spike_P_2 wrote:but everyone is inspired by someone else, thats how the world works out, you know?
To a certain degree, yes. However, there are more subtle ways to rip off someone's work than just blatantly making a spin-off.
Erm... yeah...