first movie trailer!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

first movie trailer!

Post by rep22 »

Hello!
This is a trailer for my upcoming production "Forsaken War". It's is simply an introduction to what the movie is going to be about. There was nothing special used for producing it, but in the full movie i plan to have battle scenes. Tell me what you think! and if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know! Thanks! :D

Click Here low quality-5MB
redkorn

RE: first movie trailer!

Post by redkorn »

I dunno for a war trailer it seem to be too heart stringy, and just one more thing if the soldier was trying to survive out in the wilderness why is he so clean? I mean his clothes are in perfect condition and no dirt on his face. other then that its a good trailer!
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

thats a very good point redkorn. this all pretty much started this morning, cuz i was EXTREMELY bored. so i came up with the idea, and filmed it. i obviously didnt think it out very well, haha.. but thanks for the advice, i may do another take and repost it. thanks again!
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: first movie trailer!

Post by Jass Films »

ok, the black and white thing is kinda getting cheap. Try a nice brown colour, something different. It seems everyone is using black and white to bring out emotion. But there are other ways of bringing that emotion to screen, can we please see some variety... No offense dude, i liked your little trailer, it's just everyone is doing black and white.

Sorry about that, anyway, good little trailer, never mind the black and white, thing, thats just because all the amateur movies I've watched recently have been black and white.
JK90

RE: Re: RE: first movie trailer!

Post by JK90 »

I really liked it. I think you've done really well as you said you've only been working on it a day. I'd definately like to see more. You did the whole alone and emotional thing well and the music fitted the piece beautifully but I'd like to see how you handle combat scenes.
A good start to a movie a one whose progress I'll be following. By the way the actor looks and sounds like Matt Damon.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

thanks jass for being honest. you were by no means being too critical. i put this on here so i could get some suggestions and opinions from other people that deal with film making and whatnot(other than just family :) ) like i said earlier, i might do another take and try something different with it, so keep your eye out for that, and ill take your suggestion into consideration.

Thanks JK90. I was planning on doing some of the filming today, but its easter, and ill be busy all day. I too liked the music, and thought it made it more emotional, but i agree with those who think it may be too emotional for a war related movie. but keep in mind its only the trailer, and a short one at that! I plan to make about an 8-10 minute movie out of it. also, no ones ever said i look like matt damon before...haha, i assume thats a compliment? thanks again, i appreciate the help!
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I agree with Jass about the B&W. I also think you should work on your composition, especially if your trailer only consists of a single shot. If you're going to stick with using one shot for the trailer, at least make it more interesting by adding some movement to it. Honestly though, you're going to need more than one shot.
Erm... yeah...
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

like i said earlier, all it is, is just an intro letting the viewers know the situation that the soldier is in. thats all, it wasnt meant to be any more than that. i dont know that it actually is considered a trailer, but more of a preface of what has occurred previously. I also originally planned on adding more to this clip, but i was excited to make it, and just thought id post what i had done. thanks for your opinion though, i take everything for what it is, and try to improve for my future compilations.
theChad

Post by theChad »

I kind of liked the way you set up the shot actually. the only thing I have to say is

cleanest shirt on a guy who is in the middle of a war, lost his group, and ran out of food ever. :P
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
Mr.Tom

Post by Mr.Tom »

very nice. personally i think the black and white is quite good, it kind of adds to the lonelyness and coldness of the situation. i would like to see more.
(hey, you do look like Matt Damon!)
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Black and white works good, it makes it look old and sadder than having full color. Good choice!
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Black and white on digital video looks horrible. In my opinion, if you're going to use black and white in a digital video production, you've really got to boost the contrast and crush the blacks.
Erm... yeah...
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

how would i do that? i dont have any special programs like ive seen talked about on here.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

What program are you editing with?

Premiere would be useful to help with that....as for other programs I am not sure. You can download a free 30 day trial of Premiere at Adobe's website.

The trailer looks good, however I would advise maybe working with the voice over. When it cuts in and out, the blatently noticable buzzing of sound around you when you recorded the voice overs is evident. My only suggestion. Looks interesting though.
Last edited by Themovieman44 on Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Adjust the contrast, levels, curves, gamma, etc. Most NLEs should be able to do at least one of the above. You may even want to add some subtle grain to give it somewhat of a "gritty" look.
Erm... yeah...