music video

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

redkorn

music video

Post by redkorn »

ok this is the first vid i posted here. I had to make a music video for comm class (group project) so we got a band and made a music video. The only downside too it was we only had 2 weeks to work on the vid so it kinda thrown together. But everyone else in class picked some gay main stream music and danced in front of the camera and called it a music video. lol.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1019122/pax.WMV.html
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: music video

Post by Spike_P_2 »

it looked ok to me, aside from some of the audio was off early on in the song.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

Interesting. Not sure whether i like that band or not. We have a massive amount of hardcore bands down here, so I am very used to the style, at the start their music was bit of a mess, but any ways.

The Video.

Well, it was an interesting little film. The camera work was very shaky, and the lighting was probably too dull, and the zoom just looked terrible. The editing wans't bad, no complaints on the editing. So how do we fix this you ask? Or at least you should ask...

Practice and practice and practice keeping the camera steady, it is the only way. Sure I could tell you to use a tripod and restrict your movement, but everyone says that, but i don't believe that to be the case.

As for the lighting, I'm guessing you shot at night and just used one light of some sort. Something you may like to play around with, to give you more control over you lighting, is shoot during the day, adjust the darkness, and add blue to the shot when editing, and you can turn day into night, and you will be able to have a lot more control over the look when your editing. Having said that, the first out door lighting shot looked good, but the rest looked pretty average. Try and just make a test film and play around with it on the test film and see what you can come up with. The indoor lighting was perfect however, the downlights had a good look.

As for the zoom, try to avoid using that little button when recording, sure feel free to use it whilst your not recording, but it looks very amateur if you use it whilst recording. If you want to get closer to something, simple move the camera or the object closer. It will look a lot more professional.

Other than that, well done. Good little video clip. Don't think I'm mocking your film, just helping you improve on your next one. Good job.
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

no no i agree, i only did alittle filming, but i did all the editing.
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

was that shot on a dvx?
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

we used two cameras,
sony DV cams
DCR-HC40
and
DCR-HC30
also had a telephoto lense and wide angle lense and some filters.