upgrades on film website.

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

upgrades on film website.

Post by crb »

Just got some upgrades on my film website. We have some behind the scenes photos added now. Opening page has a photo of the cave behind the scenes, the trailer page has a shot from one of our practice takes, and the synopsis page has a photo of the trap door behind the scenes for the abandoned house/basement scenes. Go to:

www.jbmovies.cjb.net

interested in some feed back.
Bugalicious

RE: upgrades on film website.

Post by Bugalicious »

Good things:
Load times are quick
Nice amount of info about the project
Font link (on the main page)

Not so good things:
Navigation (There should be a link on each page to get back to the home page. Never rely on peoples 'Back buttons).
Pictures behind text can be off putting, sometimes makes text hard to read
What resolution is your site set for? The text on mine seams to be slightly to the right of the screen (at 1024x768)
site file names (TRAILOR.html, Synopsis.html. Id recommend keeping things uniformed and in lowercase, it just makes things easier to sort through.)
Site looks kinda messy.

Sorry if any of this sounds harsh, but just keep working at it. Check out how the site looks on your friends computers, and what they think? Can it be viewed at different resolutions? can people nagivate around it easily. If they get lost can they get back to the main site without using the back button? Also if your thinking about putting pictures on each page, why dont you create a new page just for pictures from your film? It would create more space on other pages and not disturb text reading. Your doing a good job so far, and I look forward to seeing your film trailer

-bug
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
theChad

RE: upgrades on film website.

Post by theChad »

it's a good start. The one major thing I'd change is putting your script in the traditional courier. But I'm just picky like that.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

thechad- thanks for your imput. I am not the one who designed the site, I came up with the original ideas and passed them onto a loyal fan who offered his services. But I will email him your comments and see what he can do. We have also considered setting up another site that has more graphics to it.
I had already considered having the pictures located on a seperate page under "behind the scenes". We are also adding audio sound bytes on each page later as well as the teaser.
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

what did you think of the story idea?
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

The story is great, very original idea (almost reminds me of Paycheck, but when you think about it that movies about something totally different). I like the site, although A. The text on top of the picture can be a bit straining to the eye and B. The image on the main page seems to not be working on my computer...is it just me?

I like it overall. Good job.
theChad

Post by theChad »

the image didn't work for me either.
The story idea sounds really good.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

I have the same problem. The first day the pics where put on all the images went on fast... but since then the first one is always slow or doesn't come up. Stinks to cause it shows the behind the scenes of the cave in one of the practices.
The photo with the two guys talking is almost an exact shot out of the film. The camera person shot it on one of the practices instead of using the camera. It is the first scene we shot. I shot the whole thing out of order. Which made it difficult on continuity, but you have to shoot your first scenes while you have people to work with, then go smaller and smaller on cast size.
Text?...do you mean color of font? It was all suppose to be lucidia handwritting cause we were originally going for handwritting which is what the begining credits will look like. Reason, the main guy (with amnesia) writes in a journal periodically through the film cause he's trying to remember stuff. I may see down the road if the web designer can replace the lucidia handwritting with real hand writting.
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

I just looked at my site, and some people had said something about they had a hard time read the text with it on top of the picture... well, I guess I don't see what the deal is.