'STICKY BUNS' test scene

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Passit

'STICKY BUNS' test scene

Post by Passit »

this is a test scene from our film project entitled 'STICKY BUNS'

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Scene1-Web-Draft

Sticky Buns is a spy film that is being made for fun more than anything and it is supposed to be tongue in cheek.

i imagine you are by this point thinking that is possibly the dumbest title for a film ever.... and you would be right!!! its too long to explain the relevance etc. but lets just say they play a part in the story.

This scene is near the beginning just before the main titles (we're going a little bit james bond style - so shoot me for lack of originality!)

we have a nice little story and some pretty cool moments in the script- but i wont bore you with details.

please take a look and pass on comments. this was done a while back and we have improved in filming since then. The script for this scene has changed a bit and the sound and lighting are pretty bad and will be improved upon (along with some of the acting!).
Last edited by Passit on Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Pain is temporary, film is forever'
Passit

Post by Passit »

is there a problem viewing it or something!?
JK90

Post by JK90 »

I like the 'tongu in cheek' element of your film but is the film a straight out parody or is there only elements of comedy? I'd be interested to see the whole film to find this out for myself. You got another case of a bad-looking moustache as I comment on in 'Dead Conspiricy'. Altough i hope in this film it's a joke if not film the scene without it. By the way nice job on the Swiss bank's website it was very convincing.
Mr.Tom

Post by Mr.Tom »

I think you've acheived the james bond style bad guy quite well in this scene, and as JK90 said the tongue in cheek style comedy is good and is actually quite funny. i think this scene worked quite well for the start of the movie, it certainly made me want to watch more.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Looks very good! Cant wait to see the full thing. keep up the good work.
Passit

Post by Passit »

hoorah -some feedback! cheers guys, im glad you seem to have gotten the point. it is a parody that im confident will be entertaining and light hearted although its not an out and out p*** take like austin powers.

this scene has changed a bit - whilst it has to have a slight serious feeling because you do want to feel this guy is bad, it feels a bit laboured. it was also shot before the story was finalised.

the fake beard point is an interesting one. in any film making hints and tips guide there is inevitably a rule that says: ABSOLOUTELY NO FAKE BEARDS! whilst i agree with this 99.9% of the time i do believe it is necessary in this case as it is the baddies distinctive feature like scaramanga's third nipple, dr no's mechanical hands, etc. if i just had my mate talking in his normal accent with his plain ugly face in the camera, you would just say: 'hes a lawyer from cardiff!'