My basic editing

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

My basic editing

Post by Spike_P_2 »

when i record things i dub it from my camcorder to the vcr by using my record and pause button. sound primitive guys?
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: My basic editing

Post by maj_barnes »

Not as bad as just record the stuff on the camcorder and leaving it be; that's what I did until I got a VCR in my room, then I went on to computers, and then...
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

i wish i could get my stuff hooked up to my comp.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Just get a DV cam, or get a Canabus.
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: My basic editing

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

maj_barnes wrote:Just get a DV cam, or get a Canabus.
Canabus..

rothflmfao

nice.
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
redkorn

RE: Re: RE: My basic editing

Post by redkorn »

ya i use to do that though i went to the PC rather fast, i bought Dazzle video in device and i hooked up my old 1990 8mm anolog camera to the pc, i could never get decent quality from it, but hey at least i got my vid onto the pc, now i gotz a dv cam with a firewire.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Re: RE: My basic editing

Post by Truggy »

redkorn wrote:ya i use to do that though i went to the PC rather fast, i bought Dazzle video in device and i hooked up my old 1990 8mm anolog camera to the pc, i could never get decent quality from it, but hey at least i got my vid onto the pc, now i gotz a dv cam with a firewire.
i have a dazzle, tis how i capture, i get gr8 quality, but thats the 11 year difference in cameras... :wink:
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: My basic editing

Post by jcdenton »

I think most videocards have a Super-VHS-in jack, like the cheap Ati radeon 9200se. Although you'd need some weird special adapter that cannot be found anywhere... But I've seen a lot more cheap Video-digitizing cards, some of them around 30$.

Using an analog videocamera (eg. superVHS or Hi8) isn't that bad at all, sometimes you get a much better quality since the signal is analog. I'd say a good analog Camera is better than a bad DVCamcorder. If you have the Video once on your Harddisk, it will be as save as DV Material (the problem with analog tapes was editing them on analog machines that would result in loss of qualtiy due to demagnetisation).

Also note that DV Camcoders use a resolution of 720*576 Pixels (interlaced, PAL, about the same in NTSC), but you will be able of getting crystalclear pictures only when you buy a 3-chip (3CCD) camera, because the cameras that are NOT 3CCD are all one-chip cameras. This means Red, Green and Blue Channels share one single chip. Physicly this will result in a resolution that is 3 times lower than what the dealer promised, in the end you'll get a blurry picture. So IF you buy a DVCamcoder, better invest a bit more in a 3CCD Camera.

Anyway, since we are talking about NoBudet, I'd reccomend MAGIX Video Deluxe 2005 (or MAGIX Video Editor in the UK/USA afaik), it's pretty cheap (~60$), but still offers almost everything you need (I'd say it's half as good as premiere, but 15 times cheaper).
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Haha I remember back in the days I use to pause-record-pause-record for editing. Man that was fun but it never came out perfect.

Seriously, look into getting a firewire setup. Mega-cheap these days. You can get the whole smash, Pinnacle Studio editing program with a firewire connection hardware board for about $50-100 depending which you get. Most cameras today have the firewire port, unless it is an older version Hi or 8mm camcorder. Even so, most of the cards come with an analogue connection too. :)
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

i found that form of editing fun until the cam would stop or my vcr got tired of being paused
-"V" for Vendetta
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Until I got my get up, we would edit the film on camera, then stick it onto VCR and dub the music on while it was recording, primative, but having a DJ Mixer, with a good camera and expencive VCR made it a little more legit....I guess.lol.
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'