ResidentEvil Search and Destroy teaser trailor

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

ResidentEvil Search and Destroy teaser trailor

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Here is my teaser trailor for the film. I know it really is pathetic compared to what you guys want to see or usually post, but i tried to at least get something out there. My filming of the first shots will be done soon, i hope. I just wanted to show you i havent given up on my project yet. if you can id like some feedback on my first ever trailor.

http://dl02.rapidshare.de/files/698489/ ... Teaser.wmv
Last edited by Spike_P_2 on Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: ResidentEvil Search and Destroy teaser trailor

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

It was ok, simple, but it gives a preview.

3 issues:

The gun shots at the beginning were a little redundant
I absolutely hate the second song you used, but that 100% opinion lol
You may want to cut that picture out next time rather than using a gray background
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Well if you want an honost review, it was very poorly done. The text didn't look very profesinal, and we didn't see but one clip of footage. The shot where we did see an image, wasn't cut into the shot right, and was to quick. It does give a teaser idea yes, but from what I see with editing it dosn't look promising.
Sigs suck a**.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

3 issues:

The gun shots at the beginning were a little redundant
I absolutely hate the second song you used, but that 100% opinion lol
You may want to cut that picture out next time rather than using a gray background
I agree, and for the website downloading thing, give a people a direct link, which would be this one, http://dl02.rapidshare.de/files/698489/ ... Teaser.wmv so people don't have to wait to download the file.
"Prolly Just Film"
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Blade, let me say this, ok? i quoted above that i have no footage yet, but i am workin on it. what you see is basically my avatar and my costume for the movie. I know your just trying to help, and ill accept that, but cut me a little slack. i have school and no job to pay for the things i need to get started. im working on getting everything started, ill come back later and ill have some footage, and a "promising" trailor. I am not trying to jump down your throat, got it? But i did try to do my best. i am gonna start filming wheni can get everyone together, k? i already have a few shorts i made, if i can get them on the computer ill upload them.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I was just giving you an honost opinion. For the real trailer you should rethink the text.
Sigs suck a**.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Yeah, ok....terrible. Its the same thing thats in your avatar just with text.....I mean i know it was your first time....but dont rush it. Basically that gives me this following idea : Spike didnt actually make the film yet, he kind of just was like "hrm, ill throw something together".....u know? not to be harsh....Try a bit.....and you'll have a great outcome :)
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

I agree, even if you're tempted to make something before you have footage, don't. You don't have to prove that you're making something, as long as you keep us updated that's fine.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Oh, you can make something before footage. It's called a script ;)
Sigs suck a**.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

ok that was in no way a trailer, i know you said there was not footage, but if you don't have footage don't release a trailer. basically it was all text, none of it was specially done. So basically you could have typed it into a post and it would have had the same effect. However, i do not want to discourage you in any way, that is not what i am about. I do think it is great that you are eager to get stuff out there, however just wait a little longer to release something next time. I hope that your project continues to move forward. i would recommend using different sound effects, if you can't find good ones then pm me. please try not to take this as a negative review, take this as an encouragement and good luck for the rest of the project. cheers!
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

these are the responses i thought i was going to get, but you are right. i am eager and i will begin filming asap. maybe this weekend if i get lucky. i am also doing a film project for school so i have to see whats going to happen with that.
-"V" for Vendetta
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Is that even leagal mentioning Umbrella and even Resident evil? i mean it is sort of an UN-origional idea, i mean if u can do it, do it...by all means but im just not buying the concept thats all.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

i had a disclaimer at the beginning truggy. i said that i am not connected to or endorsing tthe game or movie company as i am still waiting for permission to it. and i doubt anyone will arrest me as it is just a fan film and i am not making ANY money out of it what so ever. and to blades above comment i have a script that i spent a long year of doing nothing but writing. On my breaks at my old job and during study hall at school, thats all there really was to do.
-"V" for Vendetta
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

My comment wasn't directed to you, I already know you spent a while doing a script. It was sort of a little joke I inserted for fun.
Sigs suck a**.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

i know i was just saying. I now realize how frustrating film making can be, especially when i have actors who dont have enough time to come out and do a little filming and then goof off. they are playin' around too much. any suggestions? i cant really get anyone else on short notice to film with me other than the people i already have, and even then i have to recycle people( not including me because that would be way obvious cause of my hair)
-"V" for Vendetta