Why do i have to PM people to get feedback?

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Why do i have to PM people to get feedback?

Post by DAZMAN »

Here is a compresed version of my first univercity project i directed. It is a drama pice called Brighton rock (i have never seen the origional film nor were we alowed). Please tell me what you think

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/552845/Br ... k.WMV.html

Go to the bottem of the page, select free, wait for next page and wait for 20 secondes, cheers :P
Last edited by DAZMAN on Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.x-21.tk
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Download--- Brighton Rock

Post by lethelgirth87 »

I like the begining, but I didn't get the storyline at all. Oh well, good job.
"Prolly Just Film"
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

lol thanks man. You probley wont get it as it is just one chapter of the novle. But cheers dude
www.x-21.tk
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

come on. This has been here over a week. I always have to PM people to get feed back on my films WTF
www.x-21.tk
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Sorry, I haven't been on as much lately, very busy week for me. Anyway here is my review...

Pros
----------------------
- The cinematography was well done, the color tones were good, and the panning was smooth.
- The opening credits were very well done, I liked the masking technique you used.
- Acting was ok

Cons
------------------------
- The audio could have used some work, especially in the scene where the 2 girls are talking with each other, the audio sounded like it was from 2 different angles.
- The plot was not the easiest to understand. It almost seemed like it was a 10 min. chunk of a longer film. But then again I'm sure if it wasn't only 1 chapter of a book it would be perfectly logical lol. So I realize it wasn't entirely under your control.
- Just a tip for next time... when you position the black bars for the widescreen effect, make sure you cover the bottom. There were scenes where the bottom part of the image was clearly visible below the lower bar. Try shooting in 16x9 next time if your cam allows it.

Overall I liked it. It could use some technical and plot improvements, but it was a well made film. Keep up the good work :)
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
joe

Post by joe »

I wouldn't recommend shooting in 16:9, even if your cam allows it. It just squeezes the image. It's better to just use black bars. Looks good if positioned correctly. Haven't checked out the video yet.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

It may degrade the quality slightly, but in the case that you plan to show it on a widescren TV it would look very awkward with a 4x3 image in the center and bars on the bottom and top of that. However, if you can get a physical adapter for the camera, 16x9 is the best way to go by far.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios