Bren Gun

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

BattleBuddy

Bren Gun

Post by BattleBuddy »

The other day I looked at the AK-47 tutorial and thought it was immense. I am making a WW2 movie and I want to make a Bren Gun prop. I have printed the AK47 18mm Main body.

I have used that for the top bit of the Bren but I need help on doing the rest of the gun. I will be putting pictures in to show you what it looks like. Please help.
BattleBuddy

RE: Bren Gun

Post by BattleBuddy »

Here are some links for pictures:
www.kdrsquad.com/bren hp.htm
www.weapons.org.uk/bren
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

hmm... I'll have to think about this one. The body from the AK should work, with some modifications, which I will go into detail later, once I have looked over the two weapons side by side

::UPDATE::

Alright, first, I would move the mechanism that holds the magazine in to the top, and lengthen it about two inches. THEN put a large handle on the top rail to the right. THEN move the barrel to the top rail, and lengthen it by about five inches. put a bipod on the bottom rail. The stock of the AK-47 should pass a cursory inspection.

Sorry I can't give you scematics or planning drawings of it, but really, it's your gun, I'm just giving you some pointers
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
BattleBuddy

Post by BattleBuddy »

Thanxs for that
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I can't see them being that expensive. My friend here bought three of them not too long ago! lol
BattleBuddy

Post by BattleBuddy »

The problem is I am real low on money and me and my friend have just about enough money to film it, I mean we havn't got any of the proper uniforms infact it is pretty much like spielberg when he was a kid. So most of the things must be made.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The funny thing is, Spielberg HAD all the real uniforms when he was a kid!!! Thanks to daddy who was in the war.