SgtPadrino's online boot camp

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

SgtPadrino's online boot camp

Post by SgtPadrino »

One thing I've noticed a lot with some of the films on here (some, not all) is the lack of 'authenticity' whenever guns are involved. So, I thought it would be a good idea to take the basics of what I know about close quarters combat and make a sort of 'how to' video on the proper way to hold your weapon, a little hand to hand combat, things like that. I figured it might go a little way to making everyone's movies a little more believable.

Anyway, I put together a little trailer using footage of LAPD SWAT teams to sort of communicate what I'm trying to do here. Download it here
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

RE: SgtPadrino

Post by lukeprausnitz »

sergeant, could you convert it to quicktime? please?
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: SgtPadrino

Post by SgtPadrino »

Unfortunately I don't really have the plugins to convert it to quicktime, and I don't know where to get them. You could just download the DivX player; it's free, and a pretty quick download.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Nice, when's it coming out? I think it will help a lot of people.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

downloading divx, will watch film later
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

It's great that you show how to hold a gun properl the weapons are regular people no use to training with these guidelines, so you can see why they might have their finger wrapped around the trigger when it should be along the side.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lukeprausnitz »

or if not on the side, then on the trigger guard. the weapon must be in the sholder and point where your head looks
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Looks awesome SgtPadrino! I'm looking forward to the full film/films now, they'll be very interesting and useful.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I've been thinking, and right now I've got a ton of stuff going on (movie making wise), with the Vietcong Restoration Project, a Fight Club/Employee of the Month style action movie, as well as trying to get Writ and my WW2 short online, I've decided to turn the online boot camp into a tutorial in the Tutorials and Guides section of the forum. I'll take some pictures of me holding weapons and stuff, then write a tutorial around it.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

That sounds great too. Any kind of tutorial on the proper use of weapons, combat movements, and so forth is a good thing.

If I may ask, where'd you get the SWAT team footage for your trailer from (presuming you didn't film it yourself)?
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I just typed in "SWAT" into my LimeWire browser, and managed to find a pack of SWAT team documentary footage. Lucky, eh?