EWW: Hardcore Passion

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

EWW: Hardcore Passion

Post by Theshapecool »

Well this will be my 15th movie as director,editor and (sort of) star.
Until now Iv'e only been making nasty low budget horror films (www.freewebs.com/sledgefilmsltd) and I decided to make a change. My roots are in horror mainly, but in 2001 I started wrestling,before i was even making films. I may be retiring soon from the world of barbed wire and thumbtacks, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a documentry all about its history and how it got going.
We are still working on 'within the woods' but thats going to take some time, hopefully this film will be finished within the next few weeks, ahould be up on the Sledge Site soon, Cheers.
spoonstudiosintl

RE: EWW: Hardcore Passion

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

Um. . .alright. . .so why the title?
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

well the federation is EWW and we have a PASSION for wrestling, so much that were willing, and have been willing for the last 5 years to go to HARDCORE levels, ect, its not hard to see is it. Plus its a documentry on sports entertainment, its gotto be cheesy, New site for the movie is out aswell.

Image http://www.freewebs.com/upcomingmovie
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

E-C-DUB E-C-DUB!
I was a huge fan of ECW back with Gordon and Paul.E- those were the true days of wrestling. When I was in high school we had a backyard fed Xtreme Wrestling Champions that we shot on my friend’s property which had old cars so you can imagine the fun we had pile driving on car roofs! I don't really watch it today as it’s just a joke-but the old days were good...

Your wrestling doco reminds me of one from awhile back titled 'The Backyard' by Paul Hough-about indy hardcore workers. I won’t bother mentioning ‘Beyond the Mat’ as every wrestling fan has seen it!

I will be following your work mate-good luck and don’t break your neck!
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Thats great man, cheers! I was a huge fan of ECW and BYW, and wrestling today (thanks to WWE) is a complete joke, but I respect every fed for what there doing, and our fed is really just fantasy wrestling, considering were not trained or anything, we go hardcore but when it comes to movies, there fun to do on a dummy, with me not being in the best Joint for Joint bone shape (if that makes sence) we would rather leave it to the pro's so to speak, my main feild is in film making, i have no desire to be a wrestler, so I thought we could make a pretty cool documentry about the fun we have been having for the last 5 years, as if it were a professional fed, and as you said, yes this is going to be very 'Beyond the mat' inspired. Thanks for the nice comments tho, keep an eye on the site, its gonna change time to time and have our newest projects on there.
there is my film site (www.freewebs.com/sledgefilms) and my personal site (www.freewebs.com/russdiaper) if you want to look :o)
Keep me in check!! i need the feed!, cheers
Last edited by Theshapecool on Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

ok the movie is finished and its coming to VCD soon, so I'm quite exited and will hopefully have the trailer up soon :)
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
Ornsack

Re: EWW: Hardcore Passion

Post by Ornsack »

Theshapecool wrote:We are still working on 'within the woods'
Come up with your own damn names
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: EWW: Hardcore Passion

Post by Theshapecool »

lol, Indeed its taken from the origanal short film that was used to raise money for 'Evil dead', but this was the title that suited it it best. You mention the fact that its a rip off of an old Raimi idea, I guess you didnt notice that the movie is indeed inspired by Blair witch/Last broadcast, ahh well, I'm in the clear then. But my answer to your question is no, If a title works and its not been used by a major company then its going on my movie, But let me guess, you werent asking, you were telling,lol. Live with it, besides, this is the EWW Hardcore Passion thread, not the Within The Woods thread, so lets keep it PC shall we.

www.RussDiaper.com

Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Lol whaa? Lol I'll just leave you go off on one

Good luck with it all anyhoo :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Thanks, were you just messing me? man I've had a hot day, sometimes I really cant tell who is a jerk and who is a good joker,lol, but yeah its doing good, Sorry, still a little annoyed at Spoon for having a go when its not needed.

www.RussDiaper.com

Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Well its finished and has been exported to AVI, and now going to disc, took a while as I had quite a few problems with Studio 9's VCD burning and mpeg conversion abilities (any advice would be nice) but other than that, its all looking good :P
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Are you posting it for download? Would like to check it out..
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

WOW... A real life wrestling guy. Man I have been a wrestling fan as long as I can remember and that goes back aways.

I started watching Portland Wrestling, when Sandy Bar was told to watch for hair pulling..LOL... When Dutch Savage was wrestling, when Rowdy Raudy Piper was great and Rick Martell was just starting.. The Killer Bee's were the greatest tag team, and the Iron Shek was my enemy. "Tom Peterson's was the happy place to shop, its worth the trip"

Yeah the good'ol days. I agree with you on the WWE thing, they have really ruined it in a lot of ways, but then to their credit they have made it better in others. I respect all wrestlers, because weather you think its "real" or "fake" they put their necks and lives on the line for you every week to entertain you, its like theater... You don't say Terminator 3 was fake or that The Day after Tomorrow is real.. They are entertainment, and take it at that. I have shook hands with many great wrestlers, from Savage, Rowdy, Hogan, Martell, Edge, Christian.. I have got to spend a small amount of time with a couple of them and if there is one thing they all say, its a tough business to be in, but there is no high like the crowd cheering or booing you.

Theshapecool my hats off to you, be carefull man.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Thats cool man, I have been In the 'Game' for 5 years now, and am still keeping up with the squared circle. I have had to tone down my matches lately due to basic fatigue. Its only for fun granted, but it dosent mean its not hard work. With college aswell, plus the stunts in the movies I make, aswell as actually making the movies, it gets very tiresome, plus my body sometimes tells me that It cant take too much more. I dont know how much longer I will be wrestling, its going to be a while yet I know that, but I will need to stop sometime, for my body's sake, and of course the sake of my Parent's and Girlfriend's hearts lol. Cheers for taking an interest, I'll keep ya posted.

www.RussDiaper.com

Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Well the movie is finished, If you want it log onto ares or soulseek and add me 'theshapecool' and get downloading. also my site has been updated aswell http://www.freewebs.com/russdiaper/ and dont forget to check the official sledge films site http://www.freewebs.com/sledgefilmsltd, cheers

www.RussDiaper.com

pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

sorry i didnt get that- how do i download EWW-Hardcore Passion..thanks again dude
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

If you get the sharing programs either Ares http://www.aresgalaxy.org/ares/ r Soulseek http://www.slsknet.org/ , best bet would be to download soulseek and add me (theshapecool) and get it directly from there.

www.RussDiaper.com